I have nothing to offer...

Discussion in 'Swap A Hunt Forum' started by Duck_Slayer, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Duck_Slayer

Duck_Slayer Senior Refuge Member

I hunt with a relative on a lease that he has so I don't really have permission to take anyone along with me. I have limited funds so I can't afford to just go anywhere to hunt ducks. Add to that the fact that I'm handicapped so I can't hunt alone because of the logistics of it.

My dream would be to go Sea Duck hunting somewhere in the U.S. As for puddle/diver ducks, I've never shot a Pintail, Bufflehead, Barrows Goldeneye, Canvasback, Whistling Duck, Black Duck so any of these would make my day as well.

I apologize for not having anything (other than a heartfelt thank you and my eternal gratitude) but, like I said, I'm extremely limited to what I can offer.

So, that's my story. I hope I didn't sound too sappy, I'm just looking to do a little different hunting than what I am used to. I'm not trying to garner any sympathy either as that is NOT my style.

Thanks Everyone

2. quackerduck

quackerduck Senior Refuge Member

duck slayer if you want to come to md . i can add a few to your list. :yes can you get in a jon boat:scratch

3. jason glavich

jason glavich Senior Refuge Member

If you make it to MD for the above post stop by Northern VA on the way we will get you out on some birds, either in the boat or at one of our handicap accessible blinds. We have 4 built on the river now and one in a nice hole just off the river.

4. Duck_Slayer

yep, I can get in a jon boat (as long it's pretty stable once in it). I've been fishing in a few of them and actually owned a 14ft jon boat a few years ago.

I guess a little information about myself would be helpful. I was born with Spinal Bifida and i walk with crutches. There's really nothing that holds me back (except for maybe riding a bike). Other than that though, I'm pretty mobile.

Anyway, I appreciate the offers that you guys are making. Can you please tell me when the best time of the year would be so that I can get a chance to harvest some 'mount' quality birds?

Thanks a lot guys :)

5. 11-87 killer

11-87 killer Senior Refuge Member

you come to Maryland i can get you the buffs,cans,scoters and old squaws. the best time would be any time in January. would be great to have you. TJ Walker

6. Duck_Slayer

THIS is what I am looking for. My girlfriend and I (I cannot fly alone) would love to make this trip. Could you please tell me which dates would be best for you? We could come up for a weekend (say from Thurs to Mon) if that's OK with you. I would LOVE to do this Sir

7. Last Call

Last Call Senior Refuge Member

If you plan on driving up let me know I can put you on some birds on northern NY.

I would be happy to share a blind with you

8. coachcornbread

coachcornbread Elite Refuge Member

Just make a long trip out of it. Stop here in NC for a hunt with us then just make your way up the east coast!

9. jamesvc15

jamesvc15 Elite Refuge Member

If you want some big canadian geese then come now to the chicago area. just pm me we'll get it done.

10. Can't get right

Can't get right Elite Refuge Member

I don't have a hunt to offer, unless you want to lay out in a corn field for Canadas in Michigan. I just wanted to say how cool it is that you guys have stepped up for Duck Slayer. It makes me proud to say that I am a waterfowl hunter. Just when my faith in man kind is all but gone, I see something like this. Bravo Gentlemen.