I hear it's right dry

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by puntgunner, Nov 10, 2016.

1. JHerr

JHerr Elite Refuge Member

A couple rolls of visqueen and a cutdown son.

Hugatree likes this.
  2. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

I stopped on a farm road to take a leak...two hands from SC roared up and offered to lease the puddle...started asking where they should set up the blind, spinners, etc.

Thought they were crazy until I saw the flock of specks starting to lock up and fall in...

stevena198301 and Hugatree like this.
  3. muscall

muscall Elite Refuge Member

Several ducks, but this dry weather did me in this morning. I knew there wouldn't be any water on us, so I just carried some full bodied field decoys. First bunch worked good and fell right in around my setup, but when they back peddled, they stirred up so much dust I couldn't see to shoot. From then on, I started tree topping them and finally scratched a green head that fell about a 100 yards away. When I got close I noticed a strap and a box on his back and thought I had killed one of those ducks with a satellite transmitter. I got all excited, but when I got close enough to see, that duck was just carry a little canteen. I spoke with the game warden and mentioned how dry it was and he said that if it didn't start raining by the end of the first split, that they were gonna put in place special regulations to make hunting over water illegal as it would be considered a baiting practice and unfair chase rules would come into play. Just tough duck days around these parts.

rhpierce, stevena198301 and Hugatree like this.
  4. Hugatree

Hugatree Elite Refuge Member

No water; no ducks unless you own a ride farm or a duck club. Knew a hand once who owned a court reporting equipment comonay in NLR/LR and a nice duck camp in Geridge but he preferred to hunt public.

5. MGDUCK2

MGDUCK2 Elite Refuge Member

Going to need a new dance.....this one ain't working!! :h:h

6. muscall

muscall Elite Refuge Member

You better get to dancing up a storm real fast MG.