I need help please

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by goosnit, Jan 24, 2018.

1. goosnit

goosnit Senior Refuge Member

Can someone please give me your time on a value of a gun . I understand it's only worth what someone would give you , so kindly keep your peanut gallery comments to yourself . What I have is a Marlin 990DU , 22 LR , 17 shot , American Walnut stock rifle . I won it 1990 at a DU dinner , it's never been fired . I'm not a computer guru , and I tried to find it's worth . I'm looking to sell it but I want to see what it's worth without getting ripped off .I would really APPRECIATE anyone's time and help ...........:tu:tu
    Many Thanks ,
    John

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

THAT'S the way to generate enthusiasm!!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Mar...LR&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Asking price is around $200, with no sales at that price. Only sale I found on any of the auction sites was $150

DU guns (and all other DU merchandise, especially prints) are not worth what most winners think they are worth. There are a few exceptions, like when DU had the Auto 5 line spun up in 16ga.

Rangerbob likes this.
  3. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

This is a couple of years old, online right now anywhere from $175 to $400 depending on condition and if you have an interested buyer.
    Model: Marlin Model 990 Ducks Unlimited Model
    Caliber: .22LR only
    Magazine: 18 round tubular magazine plus one in the chamber
    Materials: Aluminum receiver; steel barrel, bolt, magazine tube, and F.C.G.; polymer trigger guard; brass inner magazine tube
    Empty Weight: 5 ½ lbs.
    Barrel Length: 22 inches with Marlin Micro-Groove® rifling
    Overall Length: 45.75 inches
    Sights: Standard Ramp adjustable sights (removed on this rifle) with 3/8 scope rail
    Action: Blowback
    Price: Current Marlin Model 60 is about $175. The 990 D.U.s online are about $350.

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

They are 'listed' that high, but no sales that high (that I could find) Again, people think that little DU medal is worth something. Usually, it is worth the most at a DU event.

Tuleman likes this.
  5. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

I found that out the hard way after I bought a Winchester Commemorative Edition gun, the value is a lot less than you would think. That information is just a Blue Book listing I found, I'd go with the lower end pricing as you suggested.

6. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

Our local gun shop say they are worth less if they are a DU gun ? I won a beretta o/u a couple years ago it was a 12 ga i wanted a 20 ga which the shop had exact same gun they wanted 400 dollars difference to trade no way i did that

7. Native NV Ducker

Well, it comes back to 'what a person is willing to pay'. I disagree with the shop owner, but that doesn't matter. He is the guy paying.
    It all depends on your audience. If I wanted that style gun, and there were two identical ones on the rack, except one was a DU gun, I might pay $25 more. Considering some of the posts I have seen against DU around here, some guys wouldn't pay $100 less for the DU gun.
    99% of people buying guns just want the gun, and would not pay extra for any DU fluff.

I happen to use Gunbroker.com. Have bought several guns, and sold one. That one was a Pre-Ban Colt AR-15. That gun has a very specific audience. I sold it for $700 more on GB than I could have sold it local. All the locals saw was an AR, and they could get one with more toys for $500. I sold it for $1200. Heck, if I had the box, I could have gotten $200 more.

You are looking for a guy who wants a plinking .22, and happens to attend every DU event in his area. Gunbroker might find him.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  8. goosnit

goosnit Senior Refuge Member

Thanks gentlemen for your help . It's good to see there are still some good hearted people still on this site . Many thanks .....................

9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

The 990 looks terribly similar to the Marlin 60 I have. Are they the same action, etc? Mine has a coin in the stock that (IIRC) has an adult helping a kid shoot.

10. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Gee, ED, it would have cost you four hundred bucks for a new Beretta O/U that you wanted? I'd have jumped all over that one....