Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

I want to move out of Cali.

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Huntndogs, Sep 30, 2017.

1. IFSteve

IFSteve Elite Refuge Member

No offense to the OP. But here's what I don't get. You can get online on some forum every day and see a thread about somebody who is fed up with CA and wants to move. So here's a simple question. Why didn't all those folks from CA keep that state great instead of letting it get XXXXXXXX up in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017
  2. Drifly

Drifly Senior Refuge Member

There are so many liberals in this state that us conservatives just don't have a chance. We elected Moon Beam as Governor twice and Gavin Newsom is the Lieutenant Governor. We're screwed......

Drifly

Dan Mallia likes this.
  3. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

T
    True dat. Here in Idaho level headed folks make up the majority. In California they do not.

4. IFSteve

IFSteve Elite Refuge Member

Totally agree. The problem is that it wasn't always like that in CA. Somehow the majority just went to work everyday trying to do the right things and somehow they got overrun. Point is we need to make sure this same thing doesn't happen in Idaho.

5. James707

James707 Senior Refuge Member

Its really hard for us in CA to out vote LA and SF. So those of us who can't stand watching our rights be stripped from us, are looking to leave.

6. deadeyedick

deadeyedick Senior Refuge Member

My Lab Bella is from Rupert Id. She's kind of goofy but in a good way .

7. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

The Caldwell and Nampa area should not be hard to find a few acres to build on... that area is booming so if your wanting more of county living you will need to move farther out. As far as hunting there are still plenty of places that you can knock on doors and ask to hunt. With guiding it has made it harder. The Snake provides plenty of public hunting but you will be limited if you own a prop boat. Most of us run Mud motors or Jet boats.

8. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

One of the things I noticed , at least the towns and diners we visited. I met more far right Conservatives than SE Idaho by far.
    Two places we ate at, NRA posters in the windows, busiest places in those towns

9. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

You'll find that true in most places north of Sacramento. The problem is the voting block is in the Bay Area and Los Angeles and the rural areas will NEVER overcome that. I understand IFSteve's concern, and I can see your state headed in the same direction with Coeur d'Alene and Boise being the controlling factors. Washington and Oregon are similar. In Washington it's Seattle and Tacoma. In Oregon it's Portland and Eugene. Get out to the rural areas in eastern Washington/Oregon and it's a whole different world. California is an absolutely wonderful state that has long been overrun by self centered people with an agenda. The huge issue is that it's spreading and it's getting hard to get away from.

beandog, candafish and James707 like this.