Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Ice Ice Baby

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Montauker, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Guys, be really careful out there. There is more ice on some of the big water than on the smaller water.

DNR pulled a guy in from Sandy Point today who was stuck in the ice. Anyone who has been by there the last few days knows that was a really silly decision in a 16ft boat.

2. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Senior Refuge Member

Yup n it’s still coming. Rode over key bridge today n loads of big ice coming down.

3. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Like I said, that one day of rain and two days of warm weather would make it all disappear. :doh:doh:doh

4. oysterfarmer

oysterfarmer New Member

Runnin ice n chasin decoys It is not going to happen here today .

5. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

to much ice floating by in the river to think about it hunting on the water. not much on the river where I was at but here there is a load rafting south of us. friend tried to hunt it yesterday and spent to much time in the decoys pushing giant chunks of ice by to keep from sweeping decoys away.

did a field hunt for geese this morning. geese were not over cooperative but we managed a limit by mid morning. very grateful and happy with my pups work. sailed a bird out 300-400 yards out and she saved a bunch of walking and running. she has been a little hesitant on crippled geese but didn't today. made me very happy.

torrentduck likes this.