Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Idaho Poacher in Texas

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by sdkidaho, Feb 13, 2016.

1. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

2. goosepond

goosepond Senior Refuge Member

What a freaking idiot. Hope they hang him where the mount was and let the public voice their displeasure with him over what he did. It takes all kinds.

3. oneshot maybe

oneshot maybe Elite Refuge Member

Boy, some guys and their halos! Give me a break! The guy broke the rules of their hunting lease and you feel that it is necessary to post this on a duck hunting site to slight him? I don't agree with what he did, but this seems more like something that should be handled by the club members. Kind of makes you look petty.

4. Boeinguy737

Boeinguy737 Senior Refuge Member

Didn't tag it. Didn't register it. Transported it across state lines. Was served with a federal search warrant.

Probably got off easier than if it were handled by the other club members...

5. oneshot maybe

I admit that I didn't read that far. Still seems unrelated to anything that concerns us other than slighting someone? Seems we could have more positive things to discuss on this forum.

6. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

Because our forum is super busy, or...? And this is a positive article. A poacher was caught, which is a good thing.

It was related to hunting. It was related to Idaho. I found it interesting, so I posted it. I find it odd that you take exception to it being posted considering it's hunting and Idaho related. Do you know the poacher?

I also found it interesting that they spelled his name wrong in the article.

7. oneshot maybe

No, I don't know the guy, nor do I condone his actions. I probably was more taken by the last line in your OP, which stated "Skip Wehner is-poacher". It seems like your intent was to slight him. Even if the guy has already been found guilty of not tagging the animal, there could be an explanation as to why he shot this buck that we aren't getting in the story and your post comes off as biased reporting, much like the whole "Cecil" incident.

8. goosepond

goosepond Senior Refuge Member

The story seemed pretty straight forward tome from reading it. Poacher seemed appropriate title and probably more. No Cecil excuse on this one.

9. oneshot maybe

Like I said, I wasn't defending this guy. I realize that there are many folks who consider themselves so far above making bad decisions that they need to make certain that everyone knows when someone else makes one. Plenty of folks (idahoans included) violate laws everyday. Certainly this guy wasn't the only idahoan to violate a game law this year. Are we now going to dedicate this forum to making sure that the few remaining people who visit this site are fully informed as to the identity of these "criminals"?

10. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Whoo,.. seems like a bit more to the story we dont get to know. Appears to be more of a civil suit within the club.
    If the hunter didnt put his tag on it and transferred it out of state then Texas and the feds would be involved.
    From what I read it appears to be more of a didnt tag the deer more than poaching by state standards,.. But poached by the clubs rules