Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Idaho Poacher in Texas

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by sdkidaho, Feb 13, 2016.

1. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

So you didn't read the article, yet elude to the possibility that it's a "Cecil" incident. You also ask if every "bad" thing is to be reported on this forum. What's the problem? Are you offended that I posted something that isn't happy and shiny by your point of view or... or what? I don't get it.

A guy pulled a fast one. He got caught. He robbed people. Fish and Game got involved - they don't do that for no reason. It was a WIN in my book. A bad guy got what he deserved. I was glad he got caught and so I shared it.

And I'd do it again. :D

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  2. sdkidaho

From the article:

3. oneshot maybe

oneshot maybe Elite Refuge Member

What does it matter to you what a guy does on a private club in Texas. Who gives a crap where he lives? Your post was simply to embarass someone for something that he did wrong. Now, I fully support reporting illegal activity that effects those of us in Idaho such as the baiting case in Parma.

I do however, understand why guys like you need to do this....it makes you feel good about having to be you.

4. goosepond

goosepond Senior Refuge Member

You say who cares, I do for one and I imagine many more. Poaching is poaching no matter where you are. So if you don't care about what happened in Texas and it came to Idaho, you don't care. What if you personally knew about some one who poached an animal or animals in an adjacent state and brought it back to Idaho, your saying you don't or wouldn't care and wouldn't say something about it? It all affects us some how or way. Who knows if this idiot hasn't been poaching animals in Idaho but just hasn't been caught. I for one think it was a good article and brought to light what some guys will to bag any trophy animal no matter where it is. If you didn't like the article posted, you didn't have to come back time after time. And I don't think you most likely don't understand why sdkidaho made his post unless you know him well. So comments like that one are way off the boards.

5. Duck-Slayer

Duck-Slayer Elite Refuge Member

Wow..... any you all wonder why nobody post's on here anymore.... big frick'n deal, read it, if you want, and keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything positive too say.... common courtesy on a forum....
    Matt

6. KSU86

KSU86 Senior Refuge Member

Thanks or posting this article.. I was lurking in the Idaho site and found the article informative and a great read. I have a small ranch in Kansas and try to manage the deer herd best I can - seems my two son's definition of a mature buck and mine often conflict. I was intrigued by the members decision to let the buck live out its full life and spread it's genetics - large Texas spreads afford that option.

7. oneshot maybe

oneshot maybe Elite Refuge Member

So, I guess I will leave this with the understanding that if I should happen to learn that any of the folks who support this thread (or their family members) violate a game law, it will be acceptable for me to slam their name all over the internet to make certain that EVERYONE knows that they are indeed criminals to be shunned by society?

8. KSU86

KSU86 Senior Refuge Member

If I commit the crime, I will be man enough to do the time. Maybe that's why I follow the law.

9. sdkidaho

Easy there! Guys like me? I'm sure that by posting one article related to hunting and Idaho, that you've "figured me out". Be that as it may, I often note that when someone feels like they've lost somehow in a discussion that they tend to start slinging mud. That's unfortunate. I didn't even remotely imagine that discussing a poacher would garner such ire from anyone that hunts.

Yet, we're all entitled to our own opinions. Ain't America great? :yes

10. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Hurting the family name use to be a big deal to my mother, and maybe as kids sometimes we were shamed into behaving.
    But for me more than not being a "good kid" was basically following my dads example.

Pulling the trigger on a buck you know you shouldnt, then not tagging it, crossing state lines ( Lacey Act) is a big hairy deal.