Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Idaho Poacher in Texas

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by sdkidaho, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Idahoan

Idahoan Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for posting the article. What if I met a guy selling something on zidaho and his name was Skip Wehner? I'd want a little background. If a guy will do that, he'll do just about anything. If anyone finds anything like this in the future, please post it.

2. oneshot maybe

oneshot maybe Elite Refuge Member

Oh yes, please do cause one never knows when there might be a sinner among us! And heaven forbid we should lose out on the opportunity to belittle and ridicule someone who made a mistake in their lives. I've had business transactions with at least a hundred folks in Idaho this past week and I'm certain that none of these future saints have ever broken a law before! Gotta keep those halos on straight boys!

3. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

Did you contact the newspapers and websites that ran this article and relay to them the same feelings you are sharing with us? We're discussing news. It's HUNTING related. A guy did something, while hunting, and he's from IDAHO. That held interest for me, and obviously several other people. We've done nothing more than discuss it, lightly at that, and you've taken personal offense to it. Why is that? Discussing poaching isn't new to the Refuge. So what's the deal?

His name was in the news article. It's not like I outed someone that wasn't already listed. I don't know him. I have nothing "personal" against him. In order to slight him, I would have had to lie in some way, wouldn't I? I do "strongly" dislike the fact that he poached that deer, and he did poach it, there is no other way of putting it. I dislike almost all acts of poaching. The reason I say almost is because I know there are people out there that still do it to help feed their families. This however was a case of wanting a trophy to hang on the wall, more specifically, Skip wanted to hang it right above the fireplace in his home.

You keep mentioning halos, so I'll just spit it out now: my halo is bent, and tarnished. I'm the one who bent it and caused the tarnished spots by not taking better care of it. I have made some stupid mistakes in my life. I hope someday that I can be forgiven of all my stupidity. And I'm positive that I hold no animosity towards Skip for being a poacher. It was an article, that once again, related to Idaho, and hunting. Those two facts were the only reason I posted it here. You're reading far too much in to it if you see something beyond that.

Not everything discussed here, in the Idaho Forum, or the Refuge for that matter, is all smiles and roses. I'm not going to like everything that gets posted, and I don't, and so I don't expect you to either. I still can't say I understand you, but... I guess I don't have to understand everything.