Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Idaho Roll Call

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by HaydenHunter, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Idahoan

Idahoan Senior Refuge Member

Howdy folks!

My name is Paul and I am 21 yrs. old. I was born in Minnesota and moved to Idaho when I was 7yrs. old. Second best thing that ever happened to me.

I am attending school in Boulder, CO but my heart has stayed in Idaho! I am in the Naval ROTC program here.

Although the thought of waterfowl hunting seemed absurd to me, I reluctantly joined my younger brother on a trip. I carried no gun, I was just along to watch. Wow. Two seasons later, I can't get enough. School is hard to think about as the season heats up.

I will be in the Boise area for Christmas and can't wait. I have a thirst to learn the finer points and welcome spending time with guys who like to share their wisdom. Some finer points I will have to learn on my own.

Give me a shout, I'd love to hunt with you folks! Take care!

2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Welcome, Idahoan. Navy ROTC, eh?

I have had the pleasure of meeting another 'Fuger who goes by GUDucks. He graduated last year from Gonzaga on an Army ROTC scholarship and has begun his active duty career. He is stationed in Kentucky now.

3. Idahoan

Idahoan Senior Refuge Member

HaydenHunter-

Funny, that younger brother of mine that dragged me along two seasons ago is at Gonzaga. He'll be on the Fuge soon. I'm sure he'd love to know about waterfowl opportunities in that general area. Thanks for the warm welcome!

-Idahoan

4. IdahoPineapple

IdahoPineapple Refuge Member

welcome Idahoan- If things work out, I may have some free time around Christmas. _IP

5. Idaho Penguin

Idaho Penguin Refuge Member

Hello, my name is Aaron. I am the brother that Idahoan mentioned earlier. I am 19 years old. I study mechanical engineering at Gonzaga University during the winter, and fight wildfires during the summer.

I have been hunting ducks ever since a friend dragged me along on a hunt at CJ Strike four years ago. I still consider myself pretty new at it though, as most of my experience has been through trial and error. I can't thank my brother enough for bringing my attention to the Refuge. What a resource! I have already learned a lot by browsing the forum. I have done most of my hunting at Fort Boise, CJ Strike, Roswell, and the Boise River. I also hunt deer, and I love chukar hunting.

6. HuMMer

HuMMer Senior Refuge Member

Hey everyone!! My name is Seth, and I live in Boise Idaho. Idaho Penguin is my best friend, and I hunt mostly southwest Idaho.

I am so glad that I have found out about this little forum here, there is a crap load of knowledge here.

Seth-

7. Bird Buster (BB)

Bird Buster (BB) Senior Refuge Member

Name: Justin Smith

Dog: Black Lab (Bailey)

Shotgun: Mossberg 835

Calls: Haydels, Lohman, Big River

Decoys: Big foot, Flakebue, G and H (old style)

This is my 1st true year of waterfowling. Let the learning begin!