Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Idaho Super Hunt

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by sdkidaho, May 18, 2017.

  1. sdkidaho

    sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

    Jan 2, 2006
    If you like to put in for Idaho's Super Hunt, time is running out. Here is a link so you can get the information you need to get that done:

    Frequently Asked Questions
    Q. If I enter by May 31 and don't draw, will my entries be carried over to the August drawing?
    A. Sorry, entries in the first drawing won't be accepted for the second one. You will need to buy and fill out new entries. Entries for the second drawing need to be received by Idaho Fish and Game by August 10.

    Q. Can nonresidents enter the Super Hunt Drawings?
    A. Yes, they can. Anyone can enter the Super Hunt Drawings. You can also buy entries for your hunting partner and friends.

    Q. How many entries can I put in?
    A. You can buy and submit as many entries as you want.

    Q. Do I have to purchase my Idaho hunting license before I apply for the Super Hunts?
    A. You do not need an Idaho hunting license to apply for a Super Hunt or Super Hunt Combo, but you do have to purchase one if you are drawn. The Super Hunt tags are provided at no charge.

    Q. Where can I hunt with a Super Hunt tag?
    A. If you win, you can hunt in any legal hunt area for the species you drew, including in controlled hunts. You do not have to designate a specific hunt.

    For example, if you draw a deer tag you can choose to hunt in unit 11 controlled hunt, then unit 39 general season hunt and then any other legal hunt you want until you have harvested your deer. The only requirement is that you abide by the restrictions and dates of the hunt. For example, if the hunt is muzzleloader only, you must hunt with a muzzleloader.

    Q. If I draw a Super Hunt moose tags, will it apply against my lifetime moose limit?
    A. No, the Super Hunt and Super Hunt Combo tags are over and above other limits.

    Q. If I draw a controlled hunt, do I have to surrender it if I draw a Super Hunt tag?
    A. A Super Hunt tag represents an additional chance to harvest an animal. If you draw a controlled hunt for deer, elk, or antelope, you can participate in the controlled hunt (or a general season hunt that you want to participate in) as well as the Super Hunt. This applies to moose hunts, as well.

    Q. If I win a Super Hunt tag and can’t use it, can I give it to someone else?
    A. No, only the winner of a Super Hunt tag can use it.

Share This Page