If it were to happen

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by DUCKMENVT, Jun 2, 2003.

1. DUCKMENVT

DUCKMENVT Elite Refuge Member

This is great, listen to you guys post about the ducks wants to make me move even more! I am 32, so I feel 53 who cares. The 20 and out sounds good though! Where would I look for security type jobs. I saw the state page for trooper which is a definite possibility. Just curious as to what else there is. How is rent or buying a house? What is your situation if it isnt to personal? Do you ever regret being up there with the cold or darkness? Im really curious and my divorce will be final in 6 months so that would be the time to do it. JIM

2. DUCKMENVT

DUCKMENVT Elite Refuge Member

Big, do you work for the PD? Just curious, I met a few officers when I was up there and they seemed like great guys. They were trying to talk me into applying then!

3. dallen

dallen Senior Refuge Member

Ya, I was thinking about the same thing (about the fastgrass). It would make the "camo up" time a little quicker. Got some ground blinds that worked great near the shore lines that don't have any real cover. Ducks didn't have a clue until too late. Don't know how your season went in November, but it was unbelievable the couple of times we went out. Nothing but greenheads got picked. In fact, from about mid October till the ice got too thick, I was just shooting big fat greenheads. If thats a taste of global warming, I'm all for it:D . Marsh looks in real good shape. can't wait.

4. bigreid

bigreid Moderator

Been out for a while. I teach school in Anchorage and I guide on the Kenai in the summer. I have been out fishing and don't get much time to check the computer. It is a rough life but it must be done!
    I moved up in 97 from Iowa and haven't looked back. You get used to the darkness as it seems to pass faster the longer I am here. It goes fast when I shoot ducks into December and you start to hear about fishing and bears in April. Housing is more expensive but still reasonable. The weather is great in the summer and the winters are not bad as long as you are on the coast.
    I am going to get back to the river, I will check back in a while!