If you could choose only 1...

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by BIG DOG I, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Angie

Angie Elite Refuge Member

Your bored and get 5 gold stars!!!

Angie

2. Dman

Dman Elite Refuge Member

Jim must be waaaayyyy beyond bored Angie. :yes :l

What's the wind doing over there?

3. Mike Boufford

Mike Boufford Elite Refuge Member

Eh? What did ya say? Speak into the horn young lady!

Actually, one of the areas that we stress in hunter safety classes is the use of ear and eye protection for the hunter as well as consideration of the same for the hunting dog. Obviously, nobody has come up with workable protection for the dog; however, the area of the blast cone is an important part of the discussion that we have with young hunters. Position of the hunter relative to the muzzle of the gun as well as the position of the dog relative to the muzzle are discussed and demonstrated in a fair bit of detail.

4. City_Slicker

City_Slicker Elite Refuge Member

Cash sits out of the main blind, bottom left. Delivers the duck into the blind then goes back to his "place". Seems to hear fine. :yes

[​IMG]

(seeing this pic of the blind makes me wanna go shoot some ducks!) :yes

5. Dman

Dman Elite Refuge Member

Killed 4 teal this morning. Going in the morning too! :tu

6. City_Slicker

City_Slicker Elite Refuge Member

Dont get me wrong, I love shooting teal. But hunting mallards in the timber is what I dont mind getting up at 3:00 in the morning for day after day when season hits.

I "tried" to teal hunt last weekend on public land. The shortage of water meant every little puddle was camped on the night before. Went home and went back to bed by 7:00. Fiqured would just go work on making my new blind more comfortable in another little tract of swamp we leased a couple of years back. I am determined to have a "banker blind" this year.

Was out working on it this morning and we were just about finished, sitting there having a smoke and had a couple of wood ducks light right in front of us. Man, I tell ya, its killing me how long its taking to get here this year!!! :z

7. Angie

Angie Elite Refuge Member

Wind, what wind? No more than any other day in Texas. Wouldn't you know it, I decide not to leave and hold down the fort and the stupid storm totally misses us. You know if I had went it would have stormed like a SOB! :rolleyes:

Oh and City Slick, I love that blind. Looks like a ton of fun!!!

Angie

8. ragun cagun

ragun cagun Senior Refuge Member

angie,

I'm glad to hear ya'll got through it ok! We did too, luckily we didn't get the rain we thought we would get so the only thing that flooded was the kennels! But getting the water off of them now so the pooches will be dry by afternoon.

maybe you can find another Masters too get ready for MN. Hey, if you don't then you can always go run an HRC and shoot tell them the gun jammed on every shot!!!LMAO

Went and road the fields yesterday at the camp and I'm with yall, can't get here fast enough! :tu

9. surfspeck

surfspeck Elite Refuge Member

You cant go anywhere in Texas and not find poisonous snakes , thats one of the reasons why we avid hunters get our dogs snake trained, keeps my butt out of the snake brush and allows me to dress down in this awful heat in shorts and sandals. Record temps in my part of Texas going on 3 weeks. Yesterday broke a record at 106 degrees :z :z

10. TxFig

TxFig Elite Refuge Member

Between Jane's Way and Whoop'n'Holler, TX
    Been there, done that. Actually it was in a Senior test.

Actually, I do. Teal hunting in Sept in Texas, I never wear waders. If I need to cover up my bare legs (wearing shorts), I use mud. If I'm wading in the water, I wear sandels.

Fwiw, I once ran a Finished test BAREFOOTED (judge didn't like my white socks, so I stripped them off, at the line, and shoved my bare feet into the mud).

You missed a fun test. Plus, BigD had a margaRITA machine for the tailgate party on Saturday night. :tu