If you could get to Argentina and back for 600 bucks nonstop

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by Big Gumbo, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Big Gumbo

Big Gumbo Elite Refuge Member

Would you be more inclined to go duck killing in June? At least once in yor life? Just a hypothetical.

Right now, the cheapest one stop from Memphis to Buenas Aires this June is 2,000 and some change. It gets no lower than 1,500 with two stops.

2. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

It's on my bucket list.... Dad did it back around 2001 and said it was unbelievable. He used to have a friend that set up the trips but not sure if he still does. Shells is what gets ya...lol especially if you throw in a dove hunt or 2.

3. Jacob Wallace

Jacob Wallace New Member

I guided and lived there in 2011 for about 5 months (ducks and dove), I've been selling trips to Argentina full time since then, and I've been back a couple of times to hunt. I try to make it down every other year.

For ducks, shells are not going to cost you that much during a 2 - 3 day hunt, $200 - $300. Doves are a completely different animal, you can spend thousands of dollars, it's really up to the hunters discretion.

If you enjoy duck hunting, you owe it to yourself to go at least once. If I could get a round trip fare for $600, I would go at least twice a year.

4. mrgadwall

mrgadwall Elite Refuge Member

Is there still a problem with bringing birds back?

5. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Just a matter of working with folks who know the process.

As to the OP, I'm not tempted to go there and shoot ducks unless someone else picks up the tab. Dove and perdiz are a different matter. I'd like to find out how many doves I'd be happy with without looking over my shoulder.

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

:l

7. Hugatree

Hugatree Elite Refuge Member

I bet you can work a deal on a cheap flight with United right now just make sure they don't over book it.

stevena198301 and 3inch3's like this.
  8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I don't do the FaceBook thing, but the wife was showing me some comical memes last night about United. Holy crap, was I laughing! :l

Hugatree likes this.
  9. Big Gumbo

Reason I bring this all up is that a certain European low cost carrier that's rapidly expanding TATL flights to the states at fares half those of our big boys called Norwegian Air is also setting up shop in Argentina now that will allow foriegn ownership of airlines there (more capitalist than even the US) and Brazil will now allow it. This CEO dropped Memphis out there in two separate interviews last year (CNBC and Rueters) as a place to expand. This guy believes there's a vast untapped market for international travel because of the high fares. Memphis, believe it or not has around 8 million people within a 41/2hr. drive and balloons to over 10 in a 5 hr drive. He believes by offering fares at half of what they are now, folks will eschew connecting and simple drive to the airport offering the cheap nonstop fare.
    For Memphis, That would include Jackson MS., Little Rock, Fort Smith, Nashville, Parts of St. Louis, Birmingham and all the smaller areas like Jonesboro, Tupelo, Paducah. Memphis is far enough away to not trigger and outright retaliatory strike from the get go as where Nashville is much closer to two Delta hubs and AA's Charlotte.

How does that play into South America.

Memphis gets nearly 2 million international visitors a year. Excluding the Canucks, the top countries are Britain, Germany, Aussie/Kiwi, and rounding out the top 5 is Brazil, yes, Brazil. Argentina is top 10. The power of Elvis. They all stay 3 to 4 days which is perfect for someone who is flying a 2 to 3 times weekly schedule. So, what I'm saying is that, the Airline isn't dependent on Americans to fill the sucker.

Air travel is going to look very different in 5 years as this outfit and others get the planes that can pull these routes off cheaper than whats out there now and Boeing is looking at building a 220 seat with up to 6,000 nm range for around 2025 at much lower operating cost than an old 767 that Delta tools around in.

This Norwegian CEO is flying into small airports outside of NYC and Boston to Ireland or London for less than 100 bucks each way

10. Big Gumbo

Oh, and I work with a Peruvian. He is from Ariquipa and tells me he can hook me up with duck hunting near there and to visit Cusco/Machu Picchu between there and Argentina to hunt some more. Seeing that Santa Fe province provides some good hinting, it's also close to Iguazu Falls.