Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Illinois 2A Issues

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by drylok, Feb 4, 2010.

1. drylok

drylok Elite Refuge Member

This isn't IL but I didn't want to clog up the board with another thread....

In Florida
    TALLAHASSEE -- Despite physician groups threatening a court fight, Gov. Rick Scott has signed a watered-down version of a bill that pitted the National Rifle Association against the medical community over whether doctors should be allowed to ask patients about their firearms.

The governor signed the measure (HB 155) late Thursday along with nearly 50 other bills, including measures that abolish Florida's most of growth-management rules, hand Medicaid patients over to managed-care companies, expand school vouchers, and restrict public access to police video.

Most of the bill-signings were expected, but physician groups are threatening to sue the governor and lawmakers over the gun bill, which was nicknamed "docs and Glocks."

And I just heard on Cam & Company that the Brady campaign has said they will file suit against the state over this bill. :doh

2. lakeman

lakeman Senior Refuge Member

3. drylok

Oh ya I forgot to post that yesturday thanks LakeMan! That's a great win for us because remember that the $ we donate to NRA as members is what funds these law suits. So basically NRA members are going to get reimbursed for the money we spent in litigation fees in McDonald and others

4. lakeman

The question is when does Chicago and others find it too costly to continue the fight?

5. drylok

Ya you would think that the chicago tax payers are getting tired of funding defense cases to try and deny what SCOTUS has said is an individual, fundamental right :doh

6. DarrenDuck

DarrenDuck Senior Refuge Member

As a Chicago taxpayer - yes I am!

7. drylok

And as a gun owner hu?

8. lakeman

9. lakeman

This is going to increase the number of guns available,” Davis said, adding that she does not believe the concealed-carry law will be approved during this fall’s veto session. “If we could do something to stop these gang members from shooting and killing each other, I would support (the bill).”

Hey you dumb cow, pass concealed carry that is something that could be done reduce crime pretty dang fast.

10. drylok

A Message From NRA ILA Lobbyist Todd Vandermyde 7/1/11

"I received a call from a reporter at the trib that the governor is planning on signing HB-3500 tommorow"

:tu