Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Illinois General Assembly 2nd Amendment Update From Vandermyde 7/11/13 a.m.

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by drylok, Mar 24, 2013.

1. drylok

drylok Elite Refuge Member

Ill make a point to do an update tonight. Sorry guys ive been in the fields for amonth. Cant type good on phone, but I can speak spanish fluently

2. drylok

Almost done in the fields then I can do an update in more detail. Here's what I know or think I know based on conversations from behind the curtain and in public.
    It does sound like the implementation process is going good between us and the ISP folks who are actually on the ground trying to put this thing together. I am worried though that madigan will try to find stalling tactics as we enter each deadline set forth in the crappy bill that was passed.
    If it does all come together I think its something we ca live with temporarily and take note that there have already been bills filed to make this thing better such as the renewal process among other things.
    As to reciprocity, it's important to understand that is something that happens after a state becomes a carry state. We have to make agreements with each state that well honor theirs if they honor ours. That's the way it always works except in the states that say they honor every state such as MO. Our licencs will automatically be good in about 11 states for exactly that reason and those staes include IN, MO, TN,KY I think IA among others. You boys on the border states please know we're working to make this better, please be patient.
    More later.....

3. zeus

zeus Elite Refuge Member

Rumor has it that the ISP will not honor 8 hours of hunter safety towards CCW...

4. Dorkweed

Dorkweed Elite Refuge Member

Must be the "union" firearms instructors forcing this!!!!:confused::scratch:reader

5. drylok

It's one word that has it screwed up in the ISP rules. It says basic cleaning and care of a "concealable" firearm. If they would have left that out of the language there would be no question. Well see what happens if they ever get around to answering us.

6. drylok

A mod can nuke this thread if you want or maybe you have a hidden archive it can be put in whatever. I'll make a new one in January when the spring session starts