Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Illinois Right To Carry Legislation

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by drylok, Mar 8, 2011.

1. drylok

drylok Elite Refuge Member

The other thread is getting a bit clogged up with all the other 2A issues. So I'll put updates that are specific to carry in this thread.

HB 148 Right To Carry Bill
    Just passed out of house commmittee today on a 12-2 vote. Flowers and Burke were your NO votes. It can now go to the house floor for a full vote.

Some pics of the days events

[​IMG]

Vandermyde talking with media in the aftermath. That's Otis McDonald to his right.
    [​IMG]

Otis Turn with the media
    [​IMG]

Valinda Rowe, spokes lady for illinoiscarry.com about to have her turn with the media
    [​IMG]

2. drylok

This came from Don Gwinn, a member of illinois carry and co-author of the bill.
    Don wrote: "I saw IRN (Illinois Radio Network, I believe they feed the local radio stations and the local NPR, so stations like WUIS, WMAY/QLZ/NNS and also Clearchannel stations like WTAX/FMB) and TV correspondents from WAND NBC 17 out of Decatur and WICS ABC 20 from Springfield. Saw a lanyard for WSEC, which I think is a local FOX affiliate but don't quote me. Long interviews with Vandermyde and McDonald. Much smaller group interviewed antis."

3. drylok

4. Old Olt

Old Olt Senior Refuge Member

The same Rep. Mary Flowers D- Chicago that is pushing her bills to require motorcycle helmets for all operators and passengers under 26. The same Rep. Mary Flowers D- Chicago that wants mandatory ATV safety education in all schools (includeing her south Chicago District). An a mandatory 6 month suspension of your drivers license for operating an ATV on any road. The same Rep Mary Flowers D- Chicago who wants to mandate an extra days training for all police cadets and every existing cop AND a day every year on the topic of "Sensitivity training in regard to the African American male population of Illinois". The same Rep. Mary Flowers D- Chicago that wants more warning signs, forms and paperwork in hospitals and a whole new grievance procedure concerning discrimination in hospitals. The same Rep. Mary Flowers D- Chicago that has a bill in to make recess mandatory in schools. The same Rep. Mary Flowers D- Chicago who has a bill in to mandate an EKG test for all student athletes. The same Rep. Mary Flowers D- Chicago who has a bill in that would require schools to promote or pass any student who has failed the competency tests if they are "disabled or have any learning disability". They go on but my head was starting to hurt from reading all of her crap bills.

5. drylok

Todd Vandermyde NRA lobbyist is or was atleast the ABATE lobbyist for years as well as a lobbyist for one of the unions up north for which he works. He is a crane operator. Mrs Flowers and Vandermyde have had their spats from time to time.

6. drylok

Update From Vandermyde

Ok ill try to do a quick update

Chicago and the antigunners just complained about gun violence in generalvery little was abut RTC

The chicago sgts union came out for the bill

The chiefs acknowaldged they are in talks with us and that they are neutral but working on changes to support the bill

Chicago is now ****ed about the sgts and the chiefs bailing on them
    Its looking good over all,,

More later

7. Uncle Kwacker

Uncle Kwacker Elite Refuge Member

just outside chicago there's a place called illino
    :doh Mrs Flowers and everybody in the 5 counties around chitcago has had a spat from time to time............:reader

8. drylok

Delete

9. howard s.

howard s. Elite Refuge Member

Uncle. all she needs is a MAN and a good hard ONE...so I now vote for you as that MAN.:tu:bow:D

10. Uncle Kwacker

Uncle Kwacker Elite Refuge Member

just outside chicago there's a place called illino
    not me howie.....................she needs tabeez wined and dined.........on a cruz...............i'll send her your way..................i kin seez it now.........you her a bottle ob mad dog ......in a row boat onda big backwater obda mississlopy:tu