I'm glad they stopped those Texans having sex with young girls - - -

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by Bay Bob, Apr 22, 2008.

1. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Sounds like Christians to me.

Are regular Mormons Christians?

2. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

If your definition is 'anyone who says they are' which is apparently what it is, then yes. If your definition involves going by what the Bible says, the answer must regrettably be no.

Are these people "christians"?

http://www.godhatesfags.com/

Westboro Baptist Church.

I shouldn't even dignify their existence with a link, but with their URL so aptly making my point, I figured I would.

Christians, right joe?

If a Muslim were to ignore his book of faith and actually treat women with dignity and respect would he still be a muslim?

When Obama claims to be a lover of the Constitution does that make him one?

You probably claim to be objective, so?:l

3. joe117

You didn't say if you thought the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" was a Christian church.

And you didn't mention the "Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints".

I think those folks believe that jesus was the son of god.... And that is all one needs to do in order to be Christians.

If they are breaking laws then you could call them criminals but I think you would still have to call them Christians.

If you accept jesus as your savior and you murder someone in a bar fight, are you saying that you are no longer a Christian?

And remember Okie.... As strange and unacceptable as the behavior of the "Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" seems to be....It's part of their religion.

Don't tell me that you think you get to decide who has a good religion and who doesn't?
    Look at all those muslims who treat women like crap…. Are you going to tell all those believers that they have a bad religion?
    You and I may think it’s a bad religion but we don’t get to choose for them.

I want the law breakers locked up if they commit crimes. And if that means locking up those folks because of their illegal religious beliefs and practices...So be it.

But I don't think I have the right to decide if they are Christians.

4. joe117

Oh..... The Westboro Baptist Church......

I forgot about them.
    I think they are despicable and I think they should be beaten senseless when they show up and start in with their crap.

But I believe them when they say they are Christians.

5. okie drake

And that's why discussing this with you is of no value beyond the comedic relief it brings me. You have such disdain for Christianity that you'll lump the Westboro folks in with other believers.

Here's one fine example:

From the post immediately before his:
    And another gem (note these are even from the same post):

Do you ever read your own posts, joe?:clap :clap

Did you get back to me on whether or not Hillary was a duck hunter? She says she is, that's good enough, right?

6. okie drake

Sure I do. Islam is bogus. See how easy that was?:l I get to decide who I think is a good duck hunter too. You're not and I am. See? Gee, this is kind of fun.:tu

Not generally my verbage, but in essence, yes. Am I going to tell them I think they shouldn't have a right to believe it? No.

Will I tell them so if the question is ACT on it and thus infringe on others' rights? You bet I will. And when some folks' brand of Christian religion (or any other) does likewise I'll tell them the exact same thing. Although one would be true to what their book says and one wouldn't, but that's another discussion.

Try honesty and being objective, joe. It could work wonders for you. For one, the consistency would help you a ton. You wouldn't have to worry so much about stepping on yourself even in the same post.:l

Who said anything about that? You trashing my religion certainly hasn't meant you 'choose' for me, has it? You have every right to say what you like and I have every right to use your own words to continually show the inconsistencies and fallacies inherent in your positions. America's great, ain't it? I don't want to choose for anyone. I will call for them being stopped from infringing on others when it occurs though, regardless of the claimed faith.

7. joe117

"S: (n) Christian (a religious person who believes Jesus is the Christ and who is a member of a Christian denomination) "

I like that definition.

8. wigeonmeister

wigeonmeister Elite Refuge Member

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap for Okie Drake!!!!!

Please don't stop. This is easily the most entertaining thread of responses you've thrown at that bozo.

9. okie drake

No problem, how's this?

Next post:

Still waiting on the immense list of "lots" of accepted Christian cults, joe. So far we have the FBI's most wanted Amish and some accused child molesters in Texas who are currently anything but 'accepted'.

Well done as always, Joe. Keep it comin.:rolleyes:

10. wigeonmeister

wigeonmeister Elite Refuge Member

Nice!!!:tu :tu :tu

Now explain to Lil Joe that the same dictionary he quoted that from will also list Baptists as a protestant denomination. The truth is that Baptist churches are not protestant, and we never have been.