in search of duck lease

Discussion in 'Louisiana Flyway Forum' started by Neitzelrichie, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Neitzelrichie

Neitzelrichie New Member

looking for a lease near east louisiana. any help would be amazing thank you richie

2. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

First thought is, if you find a lease through asking on your first post ever on the forum, you won't find anything worth having. But, that's a very negative way to think, so I'll try to be constructive. Your question is so open there is no way anyone can answer. East Louisiana could mean anywhere from the NE border with AR to the Bird's Foot, so you need to be more specific. Also, are you looking for a membership in a club, or are you seeking to lease something by yourself? Are you looking for a turnkey setup with a camp house? Lastly, what are you willing to spend?

3. Neitzelrichie

Neitzelrichie New Member

I have never been
    I have never been one one of these before. Not trying to step in toes. I live in orange TX. Willing to drive an HR or 2. Not really looking for a house I would do the clubs. And I'm wanting to pay up to 2 grand. Thank you for your in put

4. bill cooksey

Looks like you'd be better off looking for a place south of Lake Charles. At 2k or less, you are definitely looking for a club membership. Don't be surprised if you get no responses because most clubs only invite members they know. Not a shot at you in any way.

5. Neitzelrichie

Neitzelrichie New Member

I will try another route. Thanks

6. bill cooksey

Never know, you might get a pm or two here with leads, but most of us are pretty secretive about the actual location of our clubs. Many of us have had good places leased out from under us when the wrong person found out where we were actually hunting. Couple that with the unknown aspect of hunting, and sharing a camp, with someone you've never met, and the quiet is understandable. When people ask where my club is I normally reference the nearest town of significance, and it's 24 miles away.

7. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I’ll second Bill here and say you’d be better off in SW LA. You’d be a lot closer to home, and the hunting is a lot better. You best go to the perspective area you’d like to hunt and start beating the bushes. Go into gas stations, breakfast diners, gun stores, and bait shops and meet some locals. That’s gonna be your best shot at getting into a productive club- your chances here are slim to nil.

8. borntohunt

borntohunt Senior Refuge Member

Save your 2 grand. It will not buy much by way of lease or club membership. Your better off picking weekends and go on guided hunts.

9. ducaholic

ducaholic Elite Refuge Member

Two weekends maybe depending on where you go not including tips.

10. borntohunt

borntohunt Senior Refuge Member

That’s if you go to some place like Honey Brake. Plenty of guided hunts without meals and lodging which runs up the cost.