increase the 25 shell limit

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by dsilsby, Aug 18, 2014.

1. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

Hyper metal Hevi sonic tungsten kryptonite to birds to 95 yards so fast you can decrease your lead 24.679%

2. snipe a duck

snipe a duck Elite Refuge Member

Well said Mark

I've heard more than one father coaching his kid on what to do in case they had to "reach out" a little that day before a hunt. Skybuster in training.

3. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

One guy who set up across from us, no decoys or anything so i assume he was shooting the swing, sky busted a honker that was headed toward our decoys. Poor bird had both legs dangling and i imagine it died later on. The fisherman probably got more geese picking up cripples and dead geese off the water than the hunters yesterday.:rolleyes:

4. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I do... (Blame high shooters).

I have had some pretty good arguments with a couple members at my club... They know they are taking tall shots... They know they are crippling birds... They do not care, cause they go duck hunting to pull the trigger...

When I pointed out that their high shooting ruins the shooting for everyone else, they told me they have as much right to shoot at far ducks as I do close ones... Can't win that argument. (And they are actually nice guys).
    So they cripple birds, shoot at working birds (that someone would have had a good shot on), and when they finally do knock down that 65 yard shot, it takes 30 minutes out of the blind to recover the bird (cause it landed nowhere near the blind).

I prefer to shoot ponds off the beaten path and avoid the crowds (even though that is where the birds are)... When I get a good draw, I typically take one of the center ponds and invite a guest; but to some degree, I dread those days.

As Mark and Gene alluded to, it comes down to a lack of ethics and common courtesy... And admittedly, there are days that I let it get to me more than it should.