Increased blind costs?

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by mrob, Sep 9, 2016.

1. mrob

mrob Senior Refuge Member

Just found out our 4-man blind on the east side was increasing from $7000 to $10,000!! I would consider it a good blind but by no means a great one and definitely not worth the new cost. We have had it for 10+ years. I was wondering if increases were happening elsewhere or if this is an isolated incident.

2. Hossdog

Hossdog Senior Refuge Member

Lots of demand for blinds on the east side so probably has it in the bag.......just giving you first crack at it. Sucks.

3. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

We had 6% increase first in 6 years. Prices are going up as costs are going up, plus with liberal goose limits - Eastside is more desireable than westside. Your manager waits till the end, most blinds are locked up back in the spring.

4. ducslayer

ducslayer Elite Refuge Member

$3,000 jump in one year? II would tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine!

5. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

Unfortunately if people see you shooting birds you can bet that someone will try to outbid you. Sure, cost go up but on the other hand diesel is half of what it was two years ago.

In my brief three years of shooting the rice Bens word has been gold with us, another broker was not and tried to screw us

We have accepted that we might be moving to other fields every year and are prepared to do so. The funny thing is, some guys really think that there are Xs on fields that will shoot geese all the time. They usually sell their full body spreads 2 years later, you guys have my cell number right

6. thekillerofmallard

thekillerofmallard Elite Refuge Member

Move to the closure we get 3 specks until almost Christmas it's a great deal.:cool:

I'd be pizzed he waited until now that's BS

7. mrob

mrob Senior Refuge Member

What sucks the most is that we contacted the manager to ask about the up coming season only to find out there was some sort of operator change and that he no longer had anything to do with our property. It would had been nice to have received a call as soon as this change happened. The other blinds on the property all increased to the same cost. The property did not get water last season and the blind was idle so we did not have any reason to interact with the manager. We are not sure when the decision was made. I guess, worst case scenario, we will be using a sponsor or two for daily hunts this season.

8. thekillerofmallard

thekillerofmallard Elite Refuge Member

9. carsonsig

carsonsig Senior Refuge Member

ours has gone up like 3-5% each year... But they have added some amenities... 3k in one year would be tough to swallow...

were you low compared to a comperable blind nearby and manager finally woke up?

10. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

It's gotten bad. I can only afford to run 30 decoys at my blind this season.

river_city_dogs and mak2782 like this.