Increased blind costs?

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by mrob, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Go the high school baseball field. 30 yards = home to first on a line. 40 yards = home to second on a line.

Please tell my wife all the stuff I buy is the cheapest stuff out there and least expensive way to hunt. :l:l:tu

leftyhunter and KID CREOLE like this.
  2. JRS

JRS Elite Refuge Member

I do whatever the heXX I want, I even kill a bird sometimes.

If you can't evaluate the "detail" on a potential target to determine a reasonable range estimate, don't shoot.

leftyhunter and Brottboss like this.
  3. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

A whizzing mannequin holding a cup of coffee in his other hand would be an even deadlier decoy.

leftyhunter likes this.
  4. Wingsetter 2

Wingsetter 2 Senior Refuge Member

that is not correct ... sailing any bird without making a reasonable attempt to recover is wanton waste

5. Wingsetter 2

Wingsetter 2 Senior Refuge Member

and by the way boys ... there is no rice blind in the Sac Valley no mater what anybody on here or anywhere else says that is worth $10,000

there are however, plenty of guys dumb enough to pay that and thats why I lease rice ground

leftyhunter likes this.
  6. Gomer

Gomer Elite Refuge Member

Ha ha ha!! Sell that snakeoil.

DkKiller&Max likes this.
  7. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

Boys?
    Dumb?
    Dip****?

Gomer and mudhen like this.
  8. fishdog

fishdog Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Sorry but once again it IS correct. High shooting and wanton waste are not the same thing. If you had read the whole thread you would know that point has already been made.

9. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Sorry if you thought I was pointing the finger at you... I do not even know you, nor do I have any idea of your hunting methods or ethics. I would guess from your posts and your contributions to this forum, that my observations do not apply to you. Honestly, I have no idea why you would think they would?

As Thedckstpshere stated, my post was a generalization. It has been my observation that more and more kids are being brought up with less and less ethics (and that generalization falls well outside the lines of duck hunting).

I have had the chance to hunt on several clubs, and in many of them, there are more guys shooting high than there are not... Most guys shooting high deny doing so, others shrug their shoulders and say "that is how I role," and others tell me "not to worry about it." I have butted heads with a few of them, and have yet to change any of them.

I was taught to pick up my casings, and my father would probably be arrested today for verbal abuse upon seeing me shoot high... I also always shot first (as a kid), and my hunting and fun was a priority for my father or grandfather taking me out, and I was taught to appreciate aspects in the field outside of killing something... I will do my best to pass this on with my own children, as I assume you are with yours. But, it is my observation, that in many cases, this type of upbringing is the exception, and no longer the rule.

leftyhunter and fishdog like this.
  10. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

From day 1 I taught my daughter to shoot only when she was certain the bird was killable for her. We have passed on many birds I knew should be dead because she wasn't comfortable with the shot. She not only picks up her shell casings, but also the trash left behind by the plethora of pigs that inhabit the planet. She understands the only option for hunting is to leave the area as good, or better, than you found it. I am very proud of her field ethics. :tu:tu

leftyhunter, callinfowl and Squaller like this.