Increased blind costs?

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by mrob, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Spec

Spec Gold Refuge Member

Gene I agree she is a very good hunter and cares about mother nature , I know she learned how to play cards very well as a young lady!!!:tu:tu

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  2. John Fish

John Fish Refuge Member

If you cant tell the sex of the mallard you are shooting you shouldnt shoot. Not saying I follow that all the time It just helps as a guideline

leftyhunter likes this.
  3. Wingsetter 2

Wingsetter 2 Senior Refuge Member

Fish Dog ... once again you show your ignorance ... I will keep an eye on you and your speck shooters this year ... count on it

4. Wingsetter 2

Fish Dog ... Ben ... you and especially kid guides do more then your fair share of high shooting and crippling birds no matter how much BS you post on here as you Sir are well aware ... I have been with you a more then a few occasions when you have done exactly that.

Aaron

5. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

For fellas that spend every weekend at the sporting clay's clubs through out the off season........their effective zone is farther out than , fellas that don't !
    There are few that are comfortable out past 40 yds , they usually are not in the field very long as they are some of the first ones back to the truck with
    their birds . This gives them the opportunity to see who's , taking the walk of shame , and in most cases who's shooting beyond their ability . Like someone
    has said , on windy days birds are usually lower in flight but are harder to hit , the experienced hunter will have adjusted his ammo to larger shot sizes and
    bigger payloads but even tho with experience , the toll of shooting to many big loads has a way of putting everyone on a equal basis of poor marksmanship .

freefall likes this.
  6. oneshot maybe

oneshot maybe Elite Refuge Member

This is without question one of the most accurate statements made on this forum and a concept that many here lack the ability to grasp.

7. thekillerofmallard

thekillerofmallard Elite Refuge Member

IMO if your shooting more than 15-17 shots to kill 7 ducks your shooting out of your range.

8. fishdog

fishdog Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I don't even know who you are? As for high shooting? I used to shoot a bit high. Years ago. Since we came up with the Rollie top no. In fact the people I hunt with now would rather let em land than shoot them. I pass up hundreds of 30 yard shots every season. Don't tell me I'm a skybuster buddy. Your wrong. Whoever you are. And crippling birds? I've got good dogs. We retrieve our birds.

leftyhunter likes this.
  9. fishdog

fishdog Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Ignorance? Okay I'll bite. Show me the law that restricts high shooting?

Your gonna keep an eye on me? I'm shaking in my boots.

Why do you think I have a 40 yard shot limit here. I hate high shooting. And for your information I don't even have a gun when I'm guiding. I've killed enough I don't care if I ever shoot another thing as long as I live.

leftyhunter likes this.
  10. Wingsetter 2