Incredible duck sausage recipe

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by berk, Dec 5, 2008.

1. berk

berk Elite Refuge Member

I've made some venison brats and summer sausage before, but tonight I made a batch of this with the mallards we've shot in the last week:

http://lpoli.50webs.com/index_files/Duck-Grizzly.pdf

Un-freakin-believable! It's like a spicy-sweet italian sausage, the taste and texture are halfway between pork and beef, with just enough duck flavor to let you know it isn't either. I took one and pan-fried it nice and slow over a medium-low flame, for about 10 minutes. Just outstanding. My only change to the recipe would be to double it, since the recipe listed only makes about 15 decent sized sausage links.

2. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

Always looking for NEW Italian sausage recipe- Thanks- I'll give it a try.
    SeniorCoot aka Ralph Nestor

3. berk

berk Elite Refuge Member

Ralph, here is the link :)D) to the main recipe page. I've only made a few of these, but they've all been good.

I just have a small grinder, 5 lb vertical stuffer, and this year I sprung for one of those giant meat mixers. Going to try a lot of venison sausage recipes this year. Hoping to upgrade to a much heftier grinder in the next few years.

edit: Link would be helpful

http://lpoli.50webs.com/Sausage recipes.htm

4. Sasha and Abby

Sasha and Abby Elite Refuge Member

Lots of those will not open... :confused:

5. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

After i printed it out my wife noticed it uses Cure#1 and Phosphates--I quit on them years ago and nowe only Morton's Tender qucik- it's a mix of salt- Nitrates and Nitrites and does a super job on all matter of sausages-since moving to Wisc I've had most of mine made by local butcher/ processor cause he was so good and cheap- now he quit making game sausage so I'll go back to doing my own- In Ak we basically made 4 kinds of sausage- Italian- Bkfst- polish and brats-made 40# batches and one year made about 650lb-too much- I also make Boudin and am going to try some from pork and duck-I'll post up after I make your duck sausage with Tender qucik and let you know how it works.