Indian creek choke tube

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by BEARDMAN, Jan 29, 2011.

1. BEARDMAN

BEARDMAN Senior Refuge Member

What's everyones opinion on on this choke tube. Don't have one but have heard great things about it. I want one for my benelli sbe I. What's your input?

2. Turkeyfan

Turkeyfan Senior Refuge Member

Not a bad choke at all but I shot the Rhino in my SBE and have great suscess with it using the nitro shells otr the winchester supreme. I am not afraid to shot a turkey upto 50 yds. I would not hesitate at all.

3. Maineduckhunter

Maineduckhunter Elite Refuge Member

Both chokes mentioned are very good. I switched to shooting a Pure Gold, and I am very satisfied with it. Pick an IC up & try it with various shot charges/sizes, see what works.

4. knxvduckhntr

knxvduckhntr Refuge Member

Im a trulock choke tube man. Shoot their chokes for everything I hunt and cant find a better choke.

5. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

After testing just about everything out there, I am sticking with Indian Creek for all my turkey guns :tu

But, I have found it best to call or e-mail them first, tell them what gun & shell combo you are using or want to use, and they will tell you what constriction should work best. I usually contact Stuart or Mike via e-mail.

They have a new stainless steel version of the Diamond Stike for 2011, and I plan to order one soon :)

mudhen

6. Mallard Machete

Mallard Machete Elite Refuge Member

I have tried Indian Creek, Pure Gold, Kick's Gobblin Thunder, TruGlo SSX and GSX, Primo's Jelly Head and Tight Wad, Carlson's, Preston Pittman Star Dot, and several others.

With Winchester Supreme 1 3/4 Ounce HV #5 Lead shells, the Indian Creek BDS in .665 RemChoke produced the tightest 10" patterns at 40 Yards.

With Hevi 13 #6 or #7 shells, the Indian Creek BDS in .665 RemChoke produced the tightest 10" patterns at 40 Yards. However, I got a more even and full 20" pattern at 40 Yards with the TruGlo SSX .643 RemChoke. The SSX didn't give the same 10" numbers as the Indian Creek, but the 20" Pattern was a big ol' flyswat of pellets.

If using Hevi13, I use the TruGlo SSX. If using Lead, I use the Indian Creek BDS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. BEARDMAN

BEARDMAN Senior Refuge Member

Thanks all that have responded, now I really don't know what directions to go with all the help.LOL
    Thanks again all......:tu

8. fallsflight

fallsflight Elite Refuge Member

IC is a great choke. I personally use a Pure Gold in my 870 and it is one outstanding choke. At 40 yards, using Hevi 13, 3", 2oz., #6 I am getting over 180 pellets in a 10" circle and then within the 20" circle the rest of the pattern is very evenly spaced out. Great hunting pattern for sure. If you are using Hevi13 in #6 or #7, most chokes such as, IC, PG, etc. are going to throw a nice pattern.

9. Cupped N' Comitted

Cupped N' Comitted Elite Refuge Member

Indian Creek is probably the best choke out there from all I have seen. But I have a 870 with a jellyhead and got 200 hits in a 10" circle at 40 yards with hevi-13 3.5", 2.25 oz, 6 shot. So I can't justify spending the money for one.

10. fallsflight

fallsflight Elite Refuge Member

For some reason, a Jellyhead in an 870 is an awesome combo. Those two together send a nice swarm down range :tu