Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Individual States Allowed to Continue Setting their own Regs.

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by chcltlabz, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MUDDYPATUX

MUDDYPATUX Elite Refuge Member

Scotty......just exactly what do you think you are gonna accomplish by resuming the attacks? ....Does it make you feel better?...If I was the moderator I would have locked down this thread long ago :yes

Yuk..Just wink at him and stick out your tounge .... ;) :p

I know how we can see who is the better man....Let's see who can ...LET IT DROP !!!!

2. yuk

yuk Guest

........ ;) :p
    MuddyP
    I always expect "Behind the back" attacks like that from Scotty, cause that's Scotty, the "behind the back" attacker!!!! :p

.....actually, I'm surprised it's taken him so long on this post. :clap

3. chcltlabz

chcltlabz Elite Refuge Member

I agree, let it drop, and if I could still delete the thread, I would, because some people have gotten out of hand.

Scotty, you're out of line, and I won't say what else I think about your "statement" :rolleyes:

4. Cascade Hunter

Cascade Hunter Elite Refuge Member

About 2 miles from Viola, OR (pop 23 people)
    These laws are intended to protect residents from competing with OOS high rollers for quota game tags like once in a lifetime bighorn ram tags, goat tags, trophy elk tags, etc. It’s a good thing, chad. It was intended to head off commercial hunting by OOS outfitters. OOS outfitters were not realizing their expected profit margin by having to pay higher prices or fewer tags. Too bad. They thought that they were getting cheated. Boo Hoo. There is very little influence on local economies for these OOS sales. If a certain Cascade hunt section has a bull elk quota of 20 animals for 6x6 or better Rosey and some jackass from Texas pays an OOS outfitter to go buy one for 250K (yes, 250K) guess who gets screwed. Picture Maryland having a quota of 100 license to duck hunt and 50 percent of them are sold to OOS outfitters to be sold nationwide. I don’t think too many Marylanders (especially resident hunters) would take kindly to that. Gotta go catch a salmon. Have a great day. J.

5. Osprey

Osprey Elite Refuge Member

Hold on now, you either misread or misunderstood me, I welcome OOS hunters. Traveling to other states to hunt is a great thing, I like to do it myself. But when I go to ND or Ohio or PA or wherever to hunt, I try to act like a respectful guest, 'cause that's all I am. It's somebody else's state, not mine, I don't get to make the rules. Anybody that wants to hunt in Maryland come on in, have fun, but learn our rules and follow them because NR's don't get to make them, no matter how close you live or how often you visit. The regs are this, the prices are that, if you agree have fun and if not we wish you well when you hunt someplace else. I did want to clarify on ND, however, that they may not be the best example to argue for more OOS access, if that's what you want, as ND is one of the most restrictive in the country.

All the stuff about overlapping seasons, shooting too many birds, etc is rather pointless. If you have one day and can shoot limits in two states, have at it. But remember there's this little thing called a possession limit that handles much of the rest of this argument over the course of a season. I'm not sure of current interpretation and enforcement, but that always used to include birds at home in the fridge, in the freezer and even birds at the taxidermist. (Yes, my buddy once had a client who was issued a citation at his shop because the client had 3 canvasbacks, shot on 3 different days, in there in the freezer to be mounted and when the DNR checked the books they ticketed the fellow for being over the possession limit). Unless you're eating 5-6 ducks a day, or giving that many away every day, which I know for a fact is a darn hard thing to do, you shouldn't be out shooting more anyway, in any state.

Finally, and I'm not taking up for anyone here but myself, but you should try a bluebill sometime Scotty. Cube the breasts and cook 'em in a crockpot as the base for chili or stew. I'll take that over a teal on the grill anyday! :tu

6. notwhouthink

notwhouthink Elite Refuge Member

Osprey you were talking about possession limit and giving ducks away. Do you or anyone else on here know if you have to have liscence to have ducks in your possesion? I give ducks to friends and neighbors that do not have a lisence and they are over the possecion limit.

That also raised another question about the possession of ducks that have already been stuffed. So if I have 3 canvasbacks stuffed in my living room am I over the possession limit?

If we have to count what is in our frig against our possession limit I think just about all of us are outlaws.

7. Osprey

Osprey Elite Refuge Member

The explanation we got was that mounted ducks on the wall don't count toward the possesion limit. The intent of that came from market hunting days and was put into place about the meat, not the skin and feathers. That fellow had brought the ducks in already frozen, whole, so the meat was still in them. If they'd have been brought in fresh my buddy would have been able to skin them and freeze just the hides so there probably wouldn't have been any problem.

Not sure, but I don't think they'd have to have a license just to have the ducks. They would have to follow the possession limit, but I can't imagine they need a license since they weren't the hunter. But I'm not a warden so I don't want to follow that line of reasoning too far... :sp Do make sure you tag the birds with your license # and info before giving them away or they'd get written up if caught with the untagged birds.

8. SkeeterMD

SkeeterMD Elite Refuge Member

I know I nervously wait for each response.

Skeeter

9. Mayor of Seneca

Mayor of Seneca Elite Refuge Member

10. Scotty

Scotty Elite Refuge Member

I apologoze for the attack, but my point was, Yuk is a guy without knowledge of hunting other states, doesnt realize why people do that, yet thinks he does. IT doesnt make me a great hunter because I travel a little, just extends my season. He was attacking me by saying guys who hunt other states are greedy. It was more of an exxaggeration, however he faults people for wanting to be greedy, and that is the farthest from the truth. I am not a greedy hunter by any means. In fact I also do not shoot sometimes, however NOONE ELSE SHOOTS MY LIMIT OF BIRDS.

Heres a great quote by Osprey:

....... Traveling to other states to hunt is a great thing, I like to do it myself. But when I go to ND or Ohio or PA or wherever to hunt, I try to act like a respectful guest,

He states he acts like a respectful guest, and that is the only way to act!!

Most of the guys from PA I run into not all, do not do this, hence my great distaste for them as hunters. Actually, if you want to get down to it, a lot of guys I run into from Bmore act like jerks also. I consider them guys nonresidents as well. However as much as I may complain about them, I do not mind them being here, because I too am a nonresident hunter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.