Insurance question for hunters

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by 12ga, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Birdup

Birdup Moderator Moderator

Hey 12ga. Do you still need the magnets?

I can make this an avatar for you if you want?
    [​IMG]

2. 12ga

12ga Banned

Hey guys, I just now got back from La and saw this thread has grown a little!! Funny stuff Birdup. I will be going next thursday and yes I could use those magnets. I am also taking a wet suit with me. Why not a dry suit you ask? Well I have tested the water and I think a wet suit is adequate. ;)
    I stopped by Cabelas in Ft. Worth and picked some things up. One of them being a 12 x 32 jon boat. These layout boats were not meant for 10 hp and believe me they mean it!! :grvn

PS: It was a lucky shot as I just stuck my gun out and herd shot! Who could have guessed I would bag a drake?:clap

3. gungho

gungho Senior Refuge Member

I have a personal articles policy. Costs me about $10 per year per gun from State Farm. I am supposedly covered no matter what happens: drop it in water, stolen from motel, etc. Full replacement value.

4. OD_Crew

OD_Crew Refuge Member

I almost spit coke all over my screen here at work reading this whole post. you guys are pretty funny, I would like to hear the whole story, and just imagine, 12ga almost got me out on roosevelt on my 14ft pelican jon boat with only a trolling motor. :z

5. socalducks

socalducks Senior Refuge Member

UPDATE.....

i just left lake X where 12ga swears he's gonna go diving for the gun. i went over to his spread around 930 and he said he was waiting for the sun to get a little higher for better underwater visibility. The birds didn't really cooperate today but i should of just hung out to see if he was really going to do it. Hope he makes it out alive with the gun.

6. 12ga

12ga Banned

Update: Update!!!!!!!!!!!

Winnie X2 is home as we speak. Water was friggin COLD!. Spencer saved the day and ME! On my way back for two more days with 12ft jon and 9.9 merc. New floating gun case was donated by HumVee. Thanks for reading.
    Thanks Ty :tu

7. umahunter

umahunter Elite Refuge Member

thats cool glad everything worked out for ya :tu :tu

8. Birdie9of18

Birdie9of18 Refuge Member

I have to try to explain how 12ga knew the water was cold...To his credit he was not being shy about getting in the water...he grabbed the side of the boat and hopped over. I think about the time that the water was up to his knees he was kicking to get out...the best way I can describe it is...try to imagine what a cat looks like when it hits the water...Eyes bulge out of the head...lips turn blue...things suck in(if you know what I mean). Through the gasps of air I hear get me the H E Double Hockey Sticks out of here. I still laugh when I think of it. All in all it was an experience that I will never forget.

Heres to you Ron!! You da man!

9. azfunn

azfunn Senior Refuge Member

Glad to hear you were able to recover the shotgun. sounds like the only damage may have been some temporary severe shrinkage. Now wait until next summer to go swimming again.

10. 12ga

12ga Banned

Boat update!! 12 footer with merc 9.9 ran 23.9 mph. Kurt was in shock as he thought he would walk away from me. ha ha ha ha :tu