Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Interested in Canada

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by jeffy, Jun 22, 2017.

1. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

No, but most have been tilled and sprayed , so just bare dirt. Zero attraction for birds.

2. recker999

recker999 Senior Refuge Member

Wont you still be able to get birds on the big marshes in the area like root and reader, ect?

3. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Yes, but it was more convenient in the morning to sneak out to a field, and hustle out and home. Easier to get to work on time in the morning. I think I'll be using more of the boat and kayak this fall. I hope the snows come for awhile. They will go into grass and alfalfa, but there are a few fields around, so hopefully one or two will hold birds.

4. browninga5m

browninga5m Refuge Member

Have to give extra bottle of Gibsons this year to get those fields!!

5. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

Your timing may not be so good. Looks like a drought cycle has started. 2018 may be tough.

6. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

Yep, although I think that the ND comparison is apt right now.

I hunted ND in the 70's/80's, and first Canadian hunt was in the 80's as well. The internet, outdoor television shows, and robo-ducks have certainly changed things......

7. jeffy

jeffy New Member

Thanks for all the responses. Yes, we have 65 dozen snow socks and about 10 dozen full bodies to add some realism to the spread. I also built 2 ecallers, have a 4 decoy spinner in the making, and have 12 flappers I got for cheap. We have a ton of Canada decoys for hunting here, will bring a few if needed, but not really too interested in Canada geese to speak of. As for the Cranes, will they come into a goose spread, or are they decoy specific? I think I would feel bad in shooting one, although I have heard they are very good eating....haha. We are also bringing an RV to use instead of staying in motels, that way we are mobile...is that wise or a bad idea?

8. Sunklands

Sunklands Senior Refuge Member

If a guy wasn't going to freelance, what outfitter might be the best in W. Sask. for field hunting ducks, Canada geese and snows?

9. duck central

duck central Senior Refuge Member

The internet has changed things so much that it's unreal . Lots of places that I used to hunt in the past I wouldn't go near now. TV and other forms have also put larger numbers of people in area's . If you look at the whole picture almost everything now is about MONEY.