Interesting: California seems to be claiming "States Rights" over the Sanctuary cities/state issue.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Texas has "big city" liberal voting blocks too. There are rural regions of Texas that are givens for the red or blue color of the vote. Both Federal and State. Texas has an interesting party history of why it flipped from democrat to Republican. Far too involved for the scope of a single post.

2. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Is that like the social disease centers afflicting CA?

3. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

California strikes me as having pockets around the state of liberal leaning communities. Much of them set up near or in CA's numerous "shock beauty" locations. That said...I had an association with someone from Eureka and she said there is a rather frequent discussion about northern California seceding from the rest of the state and forming a 51st.

To compare California to Texas...most of this state is still very rural with the usual associated independent mindset. Get away from the I-35 and I-45 corridors and it is entirely possible to drive for four or five hours at night at 60 MPH on the state hwys and not see an artificial light. Texans love their independence but we also love our farm subsidies. :)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  4. grahler

grahler Senior Refuge Member

Calis conservative population is overwhelmed by brainwashed masses in the high population centers.
    I have a problem with companies providing low income housing to undocumented workers here.
    I have a problem with parking lots filled with undocumented folks waiting to be picked up daily by contractors/folks looking to save on labor.
    I have a problem with cops letting illegals go after wrecking people's cars.
    I have a problem with game wardens letting them poach because they know they won't pay tickets anyways. This is a big one! Oh no English go home!
    They'll castrate me if I use a barbed hook on my size twenty fly! Forget that inequality of enforcement!
    I have to say though I would rather have them over white trash/inner city type scum.
    They want to work. They just want a better life. I'd probably be one of them if I were in their shoes however it doesn't change the fact that it's wrong to break the law and expect impunity.
    IMO break one law. One tiny law. Spit on the sidewalk and get caught. Go 31 in a 30 zone-ADIOS!
    I like 99 percent of the Mexicans I interact with but the law is the law.

API and Michael like this.
  5. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

Wasn't it AZ that lost the mirror image of this challenge at the SCOTUS level?

As I remember, they wanted to uphold a law that the Feds didn't want to uphold concerning illegal immigration. Can't see how making a reverse argument is going to stick - especially when immigration is one of those powers specifically vested to the Feds.

6. API

Hey, the popular narrative is arrest and punishment get applied with blinders on. ...but (excepting special twists and spins) not really.

grahler likes this.
  7. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

That raises an interesting conundrum. If the authorities generally decide to longer enforce a law, however, it's still on the books are the people that acted under that lack of enforcement not liable to the law? What if a person prosecuted under a law could prove the prosecution was selective. I wonder if that would be a viable defense.

Is there a Statute of Limitations on illegal immigration?

8. API

A need to be "viable" never slowed lawyer acrobatics. During voir dire questioning of prospective jurors, lawyers are looking for ones they can stump

9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Y'all still hang folks caught on Sundays with wire cutters in their back pocket? Is that one still on the books, that is? Utterly terrified me putting the lights on my boat trailer a few weekends ago. Just knew a lynch mob was gonna have my grits.

10. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

It is the migrant influx that causes the liberalism in the cities. Most people coming to the cities are liberal college educated folks from all over the country. A steady influx. And we all know how college educated young folks vote (the vast majority anyway).

API likes this.