Introductions...

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Mrs. Quacker Attacker, Mar 15, 2001.

1. Mrs. Quacker Attacker

Mrs. Quacker Attacker Elite Refuge Member

As we get more and more members in here, fingers crossed, I think it would be great if we knew a little about each other.

I am Richelle AKA Mrs. Quacker Attacker, married to Mr. Quacker Attacker, who doesn't post cuz he hates computers.
    We have 2 boys 12 and 7. We'll be going on the Youth only hunt this year with the oldest.
    I hated guns up until the time I had to take hunter safety to get my big game license for archery hunting. Now I LOVE my shotgun. Remington 870 12 gauge.
    We shoot trap, skeet, sporting clays, and anything with feathers. hehe
    My dream is to open a ladies hunting store that carries womens sizes. I dont know about where you live, but here in Utah, there isn't squat for ladies. I guess we are supposed to be home baking cookies. lol.
    I dont go hunting with my hubby every time, but he doesnt go fishing with me every time either.
    I love them teal. they are fast and hard to hit. a great challenge.
    My goal last year was to down a redhead, but it didn't happen so we'll go for it again next season. We don't get too many of them around here.
    In 2 years we are going on a "dream hunt" I want to hunt flooded timber so bad my teeth hurt. He wants to go to Canada. The matter is still under discussion.
    Okay, I'll shut up now, but please post up, let's show those guys we are serious!

P.S. I have to get David to post a different picture..that one is terrible

[ 03-15-2001: Message edited by: Mrs. Quacker Attacker ]

2. pumpkinnose

pumpkinnose Refuge Member

Hi. My name is Kendra or as I'm also known as pumpkinnose. I'm Drakewoodie's older sister. I haven't gone hunting yet but hopefully by April I'll have everything I need. I have 2 stepchildren so it will be a little hard for me to go hunting when ever. I don't know what else to say. So if there is anything else you want to know let me know.

Kendra

3. ladyhawke

ladyhawke Refuge Member

Good day, EH!

My name is Lianne. I didn't start hunting till I met 'stubble jumper'. Went bowhunting with him and got hooked. When we first got married the potholes and sloughs in Saskatchewan were pretty darn dry - duck hunting was the pits>traded the shotgun in for new rifle.
    I deer hunt with a remington 308 and a knight 50cal stalker blackpowder. Picking up my very own shotgun tomorrow - a mossberg 9200.
    I work as a registered nurse, specialize in neurosciences-spinal and brain injuries. I have 2 stepsons, 1 grandaughter and a mini schnauzer. I love to do anything creative, I'm addicted to HGTV. Love to cook, if we didn't eat what we shot, I wouldn't hunt. Just started a batch of goose jerky from a recipe found on the forum. Always looking for good game recipes.
    My husband is my hero - responsible for introducing me to the joys of outdoors. My mom is pretty sure she brought the wrong baby home from the hospital.

I'll second Mrs. QA for the ladies to post up - where's Ladyhunter? and I bet the JadeGoddess has a few confuscianisms to rival Mr. Wu Chang's.

BTW that picture ain't bad, I should look so good! ;)

Looking forward to talking to everyone soon.

4. Quacking Hen

Quacking Hen Guest

Hi-

My name is Cheri I am 44 years old and married to Skagit Tom. I started hunting right after I married Tom 23 years ago. We moved from Seattle to the SMALL town of Ferndale two years ago to be nearer our duck hunting area. I am a Massage Therapist and I love to fish and hunt. I own a Remington 1100 Special Field 12 ga and a Thompson Center .54 cal. muzzleloader.

I really appreciate having a women's forum - THANKS.

5. Woodie Slayer

Woodie Slayer Elite Refuge Member

I hope one day I meet a lady that is as cool as everyone here. I can't even keep a girl friend through a duck season. Why can't they just under stand my passion? :( I hope this forum gets off and running with the best of them, good luck.

6. wildflugel

wildflugel Senior Refuge Member

Hi my name is Jill a.k.a. Wildflugel. I live in Nebraska and work as a Wildlife Biologist for the Bureau of Reclamation. My passions are raising, training, and hunting Deutsch drahthaars, hunting, and fly fishing. As soon as the hunting seasons opens I try and get to the fields every weekend, weather permitting. I do not get to fly fish as often as I would like, the dogs seem to take up any spare time that I might have. Thank you for the opportunity to post on this hunting forum. null

7. Mrs. Quacker Attacker

Mrs. Quacker Attacker Elite Refuge Member

Welcome everyone!!!! :D :D
    Wildflugel, tell me more about your dogs.
    Can you post a pic?

8. Mrs. PBG

Mrs. PBG New Member

Hi my name is Anne a.k.a Mrs. PBG I'm 35 and married to Padilla Bay Goldens. I have a 16 yo son who also likes to shoot trap/sporting clays, hunt pheasant, duck, quail and grouse (as long as he doesn't have to get up early)
    We have 3 goldens, Amy 13yrs (retired), Buster 3 yrs, and my Maggie 1 yr (Busters daughter). We also run our dogs in hunt tests. Buster is working on his senior, and I will be running Maggie in her 1st junior hunt test on April 1st (fools day, O my God what am I getting in to). This will also be my first time handling a dog at one of these.

Quacking Hen we may just have to bridge the 40 or so miles between us and have a ladies hunt.
    :D

9. wildflugel

wildflugel Senior Refuge Member

Mrs. Quacker Attacker:

Thanks for asking about my dogs. The Deutsch Drahthaar was developed in Germany around the early 1900's by hunters who wanted a dog that could track, retriever, point, and was aggressive enough to bring down wounded big game. They crossed the Pudelpointer, Deutsch Kurzhaar (shorthair), Griffon, and Stichelhaar to come up with the drahthaar. On the average, males are 25 inches tall and weigh 70 pounds while females are 24 inches tall and weigh 60 pounds. Drahthaars have a soft undercoat and a coarse outer coat. I raise drathaars under the vom Wildflugel Kennel name and the dogs are registered in Germany only. Some years ago I completed the testing and apprentice requirements and am now a judge. So in the spring and fall I am busy either testing my own dogs or judging tests. Summers are filled with conducting training clinics and training my own pups. I have pictures posted on my web site if you would like to see what these dogs look like. The site address is www.cornhusker.net/~wildflug
    Sorry to make this post so long, I appreciate your interest.

10. KSRedleg

KSRedleg Elite Refuge Member

Dumb question....

Is Flugel (as in WildFlugel) German for fowl?

:confused:

[ 03-21-2001: Message edited by: KSRedleg ]