Iran is in trouble.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by callinfowl, Jun 20, 2019.

1. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

BS, 'fish you do you get that? Little arrogant aren't we?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  2. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

Respectfully, I would say that your reasoning is faulty. You are making your assumptions from an American viewpoint. In those 40 years we have had lots of "enemies". First the Russians, then the Iraqis, then Al Queada, then the Taliban, then ......

In the same time the Iranian people have only had 3 enemies, Iraq, Israel,and Us- the great Satan. They have been threatened and abused and killed by their religious police and yet the enemy is always the USA and Israel. They do hold a grudge because it has been nursed intentionally for 40 years. Their viewpoint is not ours. If we don't attack, the words of the mullahs/imams/ayatollahs is proven false. If we do attack - then everything they have said about us is proven true, and that 40 years of conditioning kicks in.

3. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Maybe I am the angry old man, the wife says I'm turning into Archie Bunker more and more everyday.
    I don't harbor any ill feelings against the Japanese or Germans, but then again they aren't trying to provoke us after 40 years of aggression against the U.S.

lugnut likes this.
  4. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

We would be targeting civilians? Source?

I gotta believe that we’d do what the previous Administrations have done when looking to retaliate against a Government - we’d give them a warning that we are underway so clear out.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    OneShotBandit likes this.
  5. OneShotBandit

“Get off my lawn....” :D

Bear and Mean Gene like this.
  6. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

Don't kill them because they would hate us? I was under the impression that they already hated us. Fight as a last resort, but if you fight, fight to win.

7. wispete

wispete Elite Refuge Member

The Iranians at least the government call us " The Great Satan" You have to go back before 1979 Maybe they have cause, from there point of view. They did have a democratically elected government. Seems we had something to do about about overthrowing their government and installing a dictator. I don't think they liked that. I heard it had to do some thing about Oil and they wanted to get more money for it. Those bastids who do they think they are.
    So when the dictator died the religious leaders took over. That was forty years ago. Every Government needs a boogie man and we were it. Bye the way at that time we took 40 billion dollars of their money. I don't think they liked that either.

We could bomb the bejeas out of them but then what ? Make no mistake this isn't Iraq the terrain is more easily defended. I have heard it may take a million men to take and hold. This could be a real bloody hell hole. Then it has to be paid for. Good bye tax break for corp and people making over 100 thousand a year. Bring back the good old 80% rate. I can hear the screaming now. I think we are pretty well taped out now for those who care about debt. That use to be a Republican thing

So If you stand back and think about it. It isn't going to be any easy solutions.

Bye the way I found a easy solution. Trump could insist that John Bolton be on the first landing craft that hits the beaches and be sure to let them know when we are coming. Well maybe that wouldn't be so easy.

8. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Well one thing we know is that a doctrine of appeasement doesn’t work.

And we all know that we are in the ME because of FDR and Standard Oil.

OneShotBandit and Bear like this.
  9. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Yep...I believe they started serious oil development in the Mideast during WW2.

10. OneShotBandit

Wasn’t that the reason “we” dropped 2 nukes on Japan? Hmmm so now it’s wrong? Enlighten me.

widgeon likes this.