Irish cream liqueor

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by bigcans, Nov 13, 2017.

1. bigcans

bigcans Refuge Member

here in WA, safeway in my small farming town has a 1.75 litre of Oconnerys irish cream liqueur on sale for just 19.00 The best I've ever had was Amorula. it's from Africa. but the price just went up from 20.00 a litre to 42.00 for 1.75. look for it if you wanna treat your wife to a good taste. cold on the rocks is a good way to go besides coffee. Cheers in the duck blind

2. Duckfiend

Duckfiend Senior Refuge Member

8B3E581F-F9B7-4262-9E8C-8D9E849111B3.jpeg Thanks for the tip. I have been making my own the last two years with a recipe off the web. If making your own I would recommend leaving the almond extract out at first unless you like it in there. Based on this I plan to order marula oil and substitute this in for the almond extract next time. Great handle, best I have seen so far in my opinion. Got my mind to wandering all over the place. I had a great can hunt this past weekend. Exciting bird to hunt for me.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

My current fav is Carolines, but I tried O'Connery's earlier this week for the first time because they were out of Carolines. We mix up a pot of stout coffee, add some Irish Cream, Capt. Morgan rum, and Amore Amaretto, and pour it off into a pre-heated thermos that will hold an entire pot of coffee. Only bad part is all the bathroom breaks...

duckbuster5901 likes this.
  4. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

When in Hawaii, we grabbed a 1.75 litre bottle of the Costco brand "irish cream " liquor for our morning coffees . Really good value! It was under $20 a bottle if I remember.

5. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

For a nice big jug as well, I always have jug in the refer, I'm not a big dessert guy. So when I get a sweet tooth after a big meal or while kicking back in front of the fire watching movies. I'll pour myself two parts Tullamore Dew and one part Costco Irish cream and drop a few whisky stones into the glass, or top it off with some strong hot coffee. Good stuff after a cold day in the blind as well.