Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Iron Bowl Contest

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by dixielabs, Nov 16, 2004.

1. frank the duck

frank the duck Senior Refuge Member

usc and oklahoma are stronger in the bcs and that is what they go by.....usc beat notre dame by 31 saturday......auburn fans will tell you their most impressive victory was the big win AT tennessee.....well kentucky just went up there (2-9) and got beat by 6.......top to bottom i dont think the sec is the strongest conference this year.......not to mention auburns cream puff non-conference schedule......there is no reason that auburn should play in the national championship game over 2 teams that are clearly better than them.........if auburn and usc played i would take usc by 21......keep in mind that tenn barely escaped over kentucky saturday and i think they will play auburn a close game.....if aubunr would have played one team in their non conference schedule that was halfway decent i would say they deserve to be in it.......i believe that unless they get beat the 2 best teams in the nation will play for it...which is usc and oklahoma

2. dixielabs

dixielabs Elite Refuge Member

I would say that the GA game was the most impressive.

As for the easy schedule, schedules are made years in advance. We were originally sceduled to play Bowling Green and GA Tech this year. They both backed out and we were left to fill the schedule with LA Monroe and the Citadel.

Who has Oklahoma played? Texas could have been beat by Arkansas which is not even bowl elgible...they then almost get beat by a team which lost to Baylor and have had thirty points put on them a couple of times. No one had scored more than 20 on Auburn all season.

We would beat Oklahoma by two touchdowns and USC would beat them by three because there pass defense is awful.

WAR EAGLE!

3. frank the duck

who have yall played this year that has a high powered offense???? if yall played usc or oklahoma yall would get it handed to you.......i doubt yall will win whatever bowl yall get neway

4. dixielabs

Alabama?

5. b2gts

b2gts Refuge Member

It is great to be an AUBURN TIGER!!!!!!!

Warrrrrr EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. singleshot1

singleshot1 Senior Refuge Member

Gosh guys....I didn't realize we had a genuine, bona-fide football prognosticator here on the board. All that football smarts...and such a young age. We should just call the head honchos at the BCS and tell them to forget playing the rest of the games. ;) I myself would rather keep my mouth shut about who's going to do what and watch the games. You don't look quite as mule-like that way.

7. frank the duck

id rather tell you what i think then say i told you so......and the answer to who has auburn played with a high powered offense...isssss......drum roll please.....nobody....thats why usc or oklahoma walks all over you if you play them which you wont get to cuz they are the 2 deserving teams to play for it

8. singleshot1

singleshot1 Senior Refuge Member

It sure is easy to predict the outcome of a game that probably won't happen. There's a reason God gave you one mouth and two ears.

9. dixielabs

Everyone said Oklahoma deserved to go last year too until LSU whooped them back to Sooner land.

What high powered offense has Okalahoma played? It's hard to tell since any one can score on them. I would put money on Auburn, Georgia, and Florida beating OU...LSU probably would too.

10. frank the duck

yah guys you are all right.....the experts should just listen to you and put auburn as number one and not even have them play nebody else...just give them the national championship....oklahoma would DESTROY auburn.......basically i dont think yall will win yalls bowl game......im not sure who yall will play but they will put auburn in their place....and that game will be played and i predict that auburn loses......i aint hiding behind the fact that they wont get to play oklahoma or usc....they will lose whatever bowl they get......