Is another mad dash to run out and purchase stuff about to happen?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Mallard Machete, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Mallard Machete

Mallard Machete Elite Refuge Member

It seems like every time something terrible happens, people run out and buy stuff like there will never be any more.

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Probably slightly. What will cause a mass purchasing event will be the knee-jerk reacting of gun-control that will help nothing.

3. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Lots of people don't keep their houses stocked or prepared for anything, so when something happens they freak out and go crazy.

4. MRLink

MRLink New Member

I have to admit, I was guilt of getting caught up in that group think during a shortage while I was in college. Bought as many rounds as I could.

Not to change direction, but interesting point TCC. I know it will vary significantly, but when does one have "enough in stock" at home?

5. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

My son works in a store with an average size gun department,Monday he sold 12 guns,about 4or5 more than a normal monday.Out or 13 guns sold ,8 were ARs

6. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

7. ReaPeR105

ReaPeR105 Elite Refuge Member

I'm thinking I shoulda jumped on a great deal on an AR last month. Deal is gone now. I bet there will be a small-ish run on AR's and .223 ammo.
    If Hillary had been elected there would be a full-on rush.

8. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I think if Hillary was president or the democrats had more power you would see more mass buying right now.

9. Scout_mn

Scout_mn Senior Refuge Member

Has anybody thought the Democrats know what there doing and own big amounts of stock in guns. So when they cause a rush on guns and ammo they make tons of money?

10. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Interesting -saw it on MSN who posted article from Washington Post about research done by anti-gun researcher and based on her research, gun control as currently being done, does nothing to prevent gun violence. Have to focus or have resources to get to each segment affected by gun violence but as much as it pained her to say it, while she is still anti-gun, gun control would not prevent the tragedies from occurring.