Is another mad dash to run out and purchase stuff about to happen?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Mallard Machete, Oct 4, 2017.

1. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I was speaking more to general things such as food, water, meds, etc as opposed to guns. Growing up in hurricane country we always kept the house stocked well enough to not have to really worry about the power being out for a few days or something like that, but many don't do that and thus start panicking when something happens.

2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

No. Paul Ryan has already said that while the silencer bill is now being indefinitely shelved, that the current Congress will not infringe whatsoever upon the 2A (meaning- will not pass any gun control measures).

All this could change next election cycle. If the Democrats somehow get a majority (unlikely), we very well could see a panic buy on guns/ammo.

3. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

Good god, it's been salad days since the election. $375 AR's, $265 cases of 556, $5 30 round PMags, $20 bricks of .22lr etc. etc. I don't feel sorry for anybody who gets caught by any surge in prices should something come down the pipe in the form of new laws or EO's.

4. lax

lax Elite Refuge Member

Where are you getting bricks for $20?

5. killerv

killerv Senior Refuge Member

The 20 dollar bricks of 22 are really half bricks. I remember you used to get 550 round brick for under 10 bucks, now a 300 round "half brick" is 18-20.

Slidefire stocks are on fire on gunbroker right now.

tcc likes this.
  6. J.SCOTT

J.SCOTT Senior Refuge Member

Looks like the run is on bumpstocks. Watching fox business, Stuart Varney, reported this morning. Many online retailers already sold out.
    I can not see the purpose for owning one of these, not practical for me. I'm not for banning them, since you can 3D print one with todays technology. But, I'm a sniper not a blaster.

7. Band Hunter

Band Hunter Senior Refuge Member

Yep can't get a bump stock anywhere unless you wanna buy one on gunbroker for $1000! I had been saving for a fostech but they are 3 to 4 weeks out from order now and they have no refunds in big red letters, which means if they are outlawed between order and receipt you are out of luck. Paul Ryan is such a piece of @#$% calling to address gun control measures. I hear all the time why would you want a bumpstock yadda yadda, well if you are a true proponent of the second amendment and what it was intended for and you understand modern warfare then you know that citizens fighting against a tyrannical government would need suppressive fire small arms to stand any kind of chance at all. That is what bumpstocks provide. Not to mention the fun factor at the range.

8. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I can tell you from personal experience that people with AK’s don’t stand a snowballs chance in hell against our military.

9. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

You assume it'll simply be the people vs the full military

10. QuackAttack2

QuackAttack2 Elite Refuge Member

Yes, bump stocks are disappearing fast. big whoopee do.
    Certainly, most retailers will jerk us around on ammo for a while. We're nothing - if not predictable.
    With Trump and the republicans in control, very doubtful any serious law changes coming soon.
    I sincerely hope the gasoline price gougers in the Texas / Florida get punished severely. But if you need a reminder of human nature, well there you go.
    Having said that, I will say in the PNW, we are finally seeing good availability / no limits on .22 ammo
    [ 5 years after Newtown ].