Is another mad dash to run out and purchase stuff about to happen?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Mallard Machete, Oct 4, 2017.

1. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

You know for not being a far lefty you're awful good at putting words in people's mouth.

JuvieCoot likes this.
  2. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

I hope not! I just found Win 25WSSM shells. Bought two boxes. First shells I have seen available in seven years. Cost me $50 per box but the empty shells will bring $2 a piece.

Then the gun store caught fire and burnt....

3. Fowler267

If you study History, You will find that Nations have a lifespan... The Romans never imagined that Rome would fall... Same for all other Nations.

Early in the 1900s, Germany was considered one of the smartest and most advanced Nations on Earth. A war came along and devastated them. The aftermath was a long economic slide into a period ripe for exploitation. Along came Adolph....

Say we get into a war with a Nation that can afford to buy/produce more sophisticated equipment then we can and they have the manpower to win a conventional war... Maybe we win or maybe we end up in a draw but financially wrecked?

This is a great Nation but we are not immune from the ills that have caused other Nations to fall. When change happens; we better pray that it's peaceful... Or hope that we have the means to defend ourselves.

You always hear Liberals scoff at the idea that determined people with small arms could face the US Military?

Just look at Afghanistan.

tcc and ronaldo like this.
  4. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I know what you are saying. Is it possible? Anything is possible.
    Of course we aren’t immune to anything. The likelihood though? I’ll take my chances.
    As much as I would love to say I agree with you in regards to Afghanistan I can’t. We have ROE’s that absolutely screw us. I can tell you man for man they can’t match us in a strait firefight.

5. Fowler267

I agree with your point on ROE in Afghanistan but what would ROE be against fellow Americans? And how much of the Military would choose sides as happened in the Civil War?

6. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I'm not really concerned about in my lifetime, but I would rather not screw up what we have for folks down the road--my kids/grandkids included. This is one of those rights that I don't see coming back if it ever goes away(or is restricted to point of effectively being gone).

ronaldo and Fowler267 like this.
  7. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

A US civil war would make the insurgancy in Iraq and Afghanistan seem like a civil disagreement. I know a lot of military guys that say they wouldn't fight for the govt against their own people. It will be interesting.

I firmly believe something will happen in my lifetime. I am just not sure what the trigger will be. Political, racial, divided by class, religious, etc.

8. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Jobs and money. Automation will slowly take its toll on us.

9. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

If I told ya they wouldn't be in stock for that price when I want them. 550 round federal blue box bricks for $22, and free shipping if you get one of the numerous codes available every week. CCI mini mags were $48/1000. large sporting goods retailer, not one of the ones you might think of for ammo deals.

10. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Rem .22 TBs are like $30/500pk e'erday up at the Cabelas, and as of late, they always have a ton in stock. They work pretty well out of my 10/22. IIRC, when I was a kid, I paid $8/525pk of Golden Bullets. That's a lot of inflation for 25 years, but I doubt my bitchin' is gonna change the price.