Is believing a must for some people?

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Lip Shooter, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Post up the second commandment and let me know if that should be a law and the punishment you would say for breaking that commandment.

Thanks for being open minded and civil :)

2. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I'm not quite getting where you're going on the whole commandment thing. What exactly is your point? Who ever said the commandments should be laws? :scratch

3. Lip Shooter

Here

4. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Here what?

5. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

Lip, you missed my point. The action taken by the kid required thought. For example being out of position is a thought induced error. Being out of position which is a physical manifestation of your thought the coach will bench you.

God knows all of our thoughts. Therefore our thoughts are actions to Him.

Like I said we as people do not have jurisdiction to punish for Commandment 1. Onion is also correct. We have no jurisdiction to punish for breaking any of Gods Laws. We have created our own Laws. Many based on Gods Law. Those are the only "laws" over which we have jurisdiction.

Lip you need to get this through your head. You can not compare the "Laws" of man to the Laws of God. You continually put us on the same plain as God. Reading your last statement its clear that you either dont understand this concept or choose to ignore it.

I stand by my original statement. Ill even clarify it for you. If everyone in the world adhered directly and without deviation to every principle encompassed or implied by the Ten Commandments there would be no need for any other laws.

For the record I believe you have 0 interest in seeking God. You are here with the intent to try to prove Christianity false. I'm happy to keep the conversation going as long as you wish. However, like Ivan Drago said to Apollo Creed. "you will loose".

6. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

I defer to that quip from the apocryphal gospel of St. Thomas, "The Kingdom of Heaven is all around but men do not see it".

7. Lip Shooter

Here is where someone mention the 10 commandments being good laws.

8. Lip Shooter

I really don't see how you can say that. Why would I be here looking for answers?

Seems like guys want to attack me if I don't just dummy up and listen or believe what they tell me.

9. Lip Shooter

From http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus 34&version=NIV

The New Stone Tablets

34 The Lord said to Moses, ?Chisel out two stone tablets like the first ones, and I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke. 2 Be ready in the morning, and then come up on Mount Sinai. Present yourself to me there on top of the mountain. 3 No one is to come with you or be seen anywhere on the mountain; not even the flocks and herds may graze in front of the mountain.?

The first set of 10 commands broke and this is what is one the replacement set from Moses:

14 Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

15 ?Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land; for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you and you will eat their sacrifices. 16 And when you choose some of their daughters as wives for your sons and those daughters prostitute themselves to their gods, they will lead your sons to do the same.

17 ?Do not make any idols.

18 ?Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread. For seven days eat bread made without yeast, as I commanded you. Do this at the appointed time in the month of Aviv, for in that month you came out of Egypt.

19 ?The first offspring of every womb belongs to me, including all the firstborn males of your livestock, whether from herd or flock. 20 Redeem the firstborn donkey with a lamb, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem all your firstborn sons.

?No one is to appear before me empty-handed.

21 ?Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.

22 ?Celebrate the Festival of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, and the Festival of Ingathering at the turn of the year.[a] 23 Three times a year all your men are to appear before the Sovereign Lord, the God of Israel.

24 I will drive out nations before you and enlarge your territory, and no one will covet your land when you go up three times each year to appear before the Lord your God.

25 ?Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast, and do not let any of the sacrifice from the Passover Festival remain until morning.

26 ?Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God.

?Do not cook a young goat in its mother?s milk.?

I do not see these 10 commandments very often as the real 10, they seem different the what most claim are the 10 commandments. The last one really sticks out.

10. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

It doesnt seem like you are looking for answers.

No One should ever "dummy up" and just believe what they are told.

No one is attacking you. I just made a statement.

Lets continue the thread.