Is it possible to meet a female who hunts?

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Guzman, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Guzman

Guzman Elite Refuge Member

With many women hunting is not a positive quality that a man has. We get dirty, spend money on hunting, and most importantly spend a lot of time going hunting. Being a hunting guide I am in really bad shape to were it is almost like I hunt every day all year do to the fact that I am always working on hunting stuff. it would seem that a relationship with a gril who hunts would ease some of my troubles.

With that in mind are there many girls out there who hunt? And where and how do you meet them? Or do I not look for a girl who hunts, and instead focus on other qualities?

2. Ladyotl

Ladyotl In Memory<br>04/06/72 - 09/10/07<br>Moderator<br>W

Guz,
    I have found it just as hard being a lady to find other ladies who hunt.
    I'm not sure where to tell you to look maybe a hunting club?
    Being that your a guide , I'd think that a woman that hunts might be a bit more understanding but there are also women that dont that can be .
    In my opinion I'd look for a lady that makes you happy and you enjoy being with, the other things can come later:)
    Darlene

3. BRETT McCUTCHEON

BRETT McCUTCHEON Elite Refuge Member

Guzman, My wife started hunting after she met me, AND SHE HAS LOVED IT EVER SINCE! I met her at a halloween party, and had no clue what she really looked like, since she was dressed as a clown, with all the make-up and everything. I guess what my suggestion is to you is: Find a girl that is outgoing, and you will find what you are looking for. They are out there wondering the same thing that you are.... will I ever find that right mate!

4. Cappy_TX

Cappy_TX Elite Refuge Member

Guzman ... The gals you are looking for are much like great Lab pups ... the potential is there but it's up to you to bring it out.

My wife Carol had never hunted, fished or been around gun dawgs until just before we got married. I explained each to her, had her participate a little, and then told her that they were important parts of my life. She could either share in them with me or tolerate my being gone alot doing each if we got married. The best part of it was that she learned to LOVE each of those activities ... but only tolerates me! ;)

5. annieokli

annieokli Guest

Guz,
    Hang in there...you'll find her sooner or later. I grew up in a family of men that hunt, but never had the desire to do so myself until I met my current b/f. I used to cry at the thought of my dad going to shoot "bambi". I grew up though and learned more about it. It also helped when my dad married a women who can out-hunt him! Of course, being from a family of hunters made it easier to make the transition, but if you'd ask me even year ago if I'd ever hunt...I'd tell you no way! Granted...it took me a while to come around, but I've learned to appreciate and respect all aspects of hunting. I went deer hunting for the first time this year, helped my brother field dress a doe and got a shotgun for Christmas! I think my enthusiasm has in some ways renewed my b/f's passion for hunting. I can't wait to shoot a big gobbler this spring! I've come full circle. You just have to find someone with an open mind and the desire to learn about and possibly share in the things you love. That's what started my journey and I'm enjoying every moment of it. Good luck!
    AnnieOkli:sp

6. PaulinKansas

PaulinKansas Elite Refuge Member

Do you have any single girlfriends that want to try hunting? :)

I have most of the stuff they would need, except their hunter safety card and license.

7. h@llie@nn

h@llie@nn Guest

Me and My husband got married 2 years ago (on the 27th of Jan) and before I married him, I NEVER hunted...:( My idea of hunting was hunting for the right pair of shoes for the right outfit. :D But NOW, I have learned to deal with the long days with out my mate, or i very well GO WITH HIM!!!!:h Like Nevada Jim said, Its something that you have to definately get used to if you have never done it. And he's given me an ultimatum...go along with it or miss out on quality time with my husband...

When you meet the RIGHT girl, They will learn to compromise. And so will you:l I let mine have the hunting stuff as long as I don't have smelly socks on my floor...Its an even trade....It just really all about the love for each other....

And for the record.....I met my husband online:eek: :D

H@llie@nn

8. M.E.Brazell

M.E.Brazell Senior Refuge Member

Well, you might try hanging around a few places like trap/skeet ranges, Sporting Clays ranges and maybe D.U. banqets. Also look for women who drive pick ups, especially those who have dogs with them. Just be careful and make sure they are "unattached" LOL. Try visiting the Duck Festival in Stuttgart Ark. in Nov. Good luck. Good women are even harder to find than good dogs and harder to "train". Guess I better leave on that one before The girls start throwing the hand grenades:) :)

9. Budlightshooter

Budlightshooter Senior Refuge Member

heres my two girls
    thought i would post and say i got two women, both angels, and the one is a CRACK shot!

Peace

10. mallardrobin

mallardrobin Elite Refuge Member

I hunt, cant fish worth crap but like to go, love to camp. Dont mind getting dirty, free facial. dont mind the camo clothes wear some to work once in a while. Competitive by nature and have 2 kids that are almost outa the house will be 38 this year, have steady employment with benefits. Hoping to go pro in 3 years with the dogs. Have outstanding male that could go into the qualifying this year and hopefully open next year. Oh yeah, I like classic rock. no country but can tolerate it. Live on the West side near Everett