Is it possible to meet a female who hunts?

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Guzman, Dec 24, 2002.

1. faded deke

faded deke Senior Refuge Member

Guz, hang in there buddy. I know what your going through. I too spend most of my year guiding hunting and fishing trips and have struggled in the past with having to chose between a woman and hunting. A year and a half ago I met a gal who just happened to love the outdoors as much as I. Although she doesn't hunt she loves to hang out in the blind with me and she is absolutely gang busters about fishing and camping. I think that you should just keep the faith and never ever ever compromise your hunting values for a woman. Sooner or later a gal will appreciate your passion for the Outdoors and love you for it.

2. Runnin' 87

Runnin' 87 Elite Refuge Member

Ciudad Narnja de Tejas cerade Los Sabinas
    I'm perty lucky. Mine likes to hunt. Hasn't been since the kiddo came along. She knows I'm hard core and has taken well to staying home while I go out into th woods. The kiddo likes to go to. I bring her out after it warms up.

I'm real cool around the wife. Watched her shoot 1 inch groups at 100 yards with my .243. Then watched her break clays like they weregoing out of stile. Watched the 3" loads I kept handing her pick her leg up off the ground. She never complained.

This is one of three she knck down in two days. I don't skin her's anymore. She does that while I eat supper. :D She don't coton to me picking ducks in the garage though. Once them light feathers get to blowing up in the house she gets perty upset.

My much, much, better half from about 1997.

:)

3. Daisyduck

Daisyduck Elite Refuge Member

WKL, That is a great picture! Sounds like you got a wonderful wife!:)

4. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

I got lucky. I met my wife at church. She was her dads hunting buddy growing up. And had taken over 30 mule deer when I meet her.
    After 14 years she still "hunts" with me. I think she shot 3 shells this year but hunted with me at least a dozen times.
    She enjoys all the things I enjoy.
    She doesnt take hunting too seriouly, but enjoys the nice days.

As far as training a wife, good luck:D
    I take good care of my wife in the off season.

5. Txduckhunter

Txduckhunter Senior Refuge Member

My wife didn't hunt when I met her but she liked to fish.
    I carried her deer hunting after we had been married a little while and she had a good time but could take it or leave it. She did enjoy being outdoors though.
    She started shooting skeet with me and then sporting clays. From there she progressed to duck hunting and loves it. She has her own dog, gun ,gear, etc. She didn't express a desire to shoot a deer until 2 yrs ago but one day, out of the blue, she said she would like to.
    She now has informed me that she wants to shoot either a moose, an elk or a caribou.:eek: Talk about going extreme!
    I also have another female that is currently in training! She duck hunts, shoots competition in skeet,trap,5-stand and is going on her first spring turkey hunt this season. She is patiently (more or less) awaiting her Chessie to train for HT's. She currently has no desire to shoot a deer but I hope to have that in place by the time she graduates! I have plenty of time.....she is 12.

6. Blackbart

Blackbart Elite Refuge Member

Ben, I can't believe you have to resort to posting on a web site to find a girl friend. I know the guys were giving you a hard time about your girls age when we hunted together but, da*m son! Offer up some free hunts and post a better picture of yourself. There have gotta be plenty of women on the eastside.....aren't there??

7. Guzman

Guzman Elite Refuge Member

Tim,

I was just throwing the question out there. After my last girlfriend I got pretty bumbed out, and it has been confusing. All of the posts are really helpfull. They give me faith that someone is out there for me.

I am sure that there are girls over here. I am in Richland right now. Since Jan 1st I have met/ seen one girl I was intersted in, and that has been it. A sharp contrast from Cheney (college town). And its not like I dont get out- church every Sunday, bible study, swim team, raquet club member, young life leader plus I do a lot of other things in the community.

8. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

That's you in the pic, right?

You do all this, right?-
    "And its not like I dont get out- church every Sunday, bible study, swim team, raquet club member, young life leader plus I do a lot of other things in the community."

If I weren't already married........Well nevermind :eek: ;) hehehe!

Really though, the right person will come along. Most likely when you least expect it. Ever think of visiting a new church? My son, 13-lol, swears all the "women" are to be found in Walmart :l

Hang in There!
    Kimmie :)

9. Blackbart

Blackbart Elite Refuge Member

Hang in there, Ben, you'll know when the right one comes along.

I chased Mrs BB for about 5 years before I finally wore her down. Even though she doesn't hunt and only fishes on rare occasions, she now loves camping and understands my up bringing and love for the outdoors.

You've got a lot of the right things working for you, about the time you think you've got it all figured out, you'll have a truckload chasing you ;)

Hope to see you at the Sportsmans Show.
    Tim

10. PJB3

PJB3 Elite Refuge Member

Yea, look at me, I'm having a hard time finding a normal girl.....:mad: