Here is a little different perspective from an oos’r…. First off, I consider myself a conservative, at least from California standards. I have no intention of leaving California although I hate the political climate here. I am retired and I have too many kids and grandkids living here for my wife to allow me to move. 99% of my friends and relatives are conservative hard working people…the other 1% I tolerate. I have hunted out of state on several occasions and guess what…made a few friends while I was there. I read your concerns about the migration into your states and bringing their politics with them. Now I realize that the California Forum may not be representative of the overall population of California because most hunters in general tend to be on the conservative side…take a look at this thread: http://www.refugeforums.com/threads/ca-sued-over-immigration.1032145/ Looks like the majority of people from California posting on this forum don’t like the political climate here either. Just from reading the forum over the last 10 years, I would say the majority of people leaving California are fed up with the political climate, cost of living, or poor business environment. So my guess is that if you find your new neighbor from California. You might want to get to know them before you judge them. You just might find them to be a conservative, hard working, California refugee fed up with California politics.