Is this anti-opiate pain pill prescription prohibition designed to kill the chronically ill?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Gets the chronically in (translated expensive) pain/ill off of the Medicaid/care/private insurance rolls because they take the suicide escape option.

I know of several people that can no longer get scripts for opiate chronic pain. Some have turned to self-destructive methods to try and alleviate their pain.

I suspect from what he told me about how his wife's chronic pain where she was crying out at night horribly is the reason he killed her in her bed then himself. Seeing her pain was destroying him too.

Doctors are scared they are going to get in legal trouble for writing pain related scripts and instead prescribe higher doses of over the counter meds.

2. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

As usual Bear the low life's in our society help dictate how policy is. Many people need these medications for real pain as you mentioned yet because of druggies who want them we all have to suffer. Because the police and medical industry can't do their jobs properly they put restrictions on everybody.
    Hope your doing Ok down their all I can say is my thoughts and prayers are with everybody in Texas.

WHUP ! Hen and Bear like this.
  3. tomturkey

tomturkey Elite Refuge Member

I take Norco for my pain. I happened to have a Norco RX in my pocket while I was in a big chain store pharmacy. I asked the pharmacist how much. She said $125. I pulled the receipt out of my bill fold from my last RX, it was just short of $25. She said they were so high because they did not want to be know as the place to get a fix. I said no you are just raping those that need it and walked out.

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  4. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Thank-you for your thoughts.

I agree...real people are hurting because of government ineptness. However there has to be more reason than being concerned about some kid or drug addict over dosing. Again my proposition is the government is not unaware of the chronically ill and in pain taking their own lives or turning to street drugs/alcohol to stop the insanity of their condition.

So the government is willing to let good people suffer because some drug addict recreational user can't control themselves.

The government and the pharmaceutical insurance industry have got to be willing to pay for the increasing rolls or eliminate some of those on the rolls.

I just want a good night's sleep and not sleeping from exhaustion for two hours.

5. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Hold it! Aren't we being told that it's "BigPharma" who is determining prescription prices.... Not the Pharmacist behind the counter at the local CVS who is simply filling out your prescription?

6. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

I can't get into too much detail - but wife is a prescriber and specializes in geriatrics.

For every true sad story you hear about someone that really needs it and has trouble getting it - there are many many many that abuse the system. They have had to go to some serious multi-authentication prescription writing procedures to prevent false scripts/counterfeit scripts.

Her most recent horror story was a person that called in to renew elderly mother's prescription. When they said no - she showed up at clinic and went into a rage (while they were calling police) demanding script. The reason they weren't refilling script was that elderly mother had died two days prior at nursing home and someone from wife's clinic had been the one over there to verify/declare death. Turns out on autopsy that elderly mother that had been in terminal pain had NO pain killers in blood stream. You draw the conclusion where they went!

Buttesmacker likes this.
  7. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

Opioids do not treat pain. Period.

They dull the senses to it. Everyone on chronic opioids will eventually need ever increasing doses to achieve the same "dulling sensation" as there is a built in receptor pathogensis in the human body which regulates these receptors.

These drugs should never have been allowed to be sold for this purpose. Period.

Withdrawal from them is horrible just like any other opioid such as heroin or morphine. Withdrawal is not deadly.

FDA made this epidemic. It is a government created health epidemic. There are two options. Either accept drug addiction and legalize heroin as it is the cheapest opioid alternative or withdrawal all legal sources of these drugs as all they do is create new addicts with their use. We know the downside of prohibition and the downside of addiction. Pick your poison.

Squaller, Buttesmacker and slimm21 like this.
  8. slimm21

slimm21 Elite Refuge Member

Yep. Opioids are a massive problem. Thanks big pharm. I'd recommend that those in pain look at medical THC. Far safer.

9. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I ain't shootin up no maijiawana. Makes ya Zcitsoid.

10. slimm21

slimm21 Elite Refuge Member

If this is a serious comment, you really should read some science on Opioids and THC.

This line of thinking is a massive fail by our gov't and a massive fraud by the big Pharma.