Isn't it about time to start talking about ducks?

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by mr.smith, Sep 19, 2007.

1. DuckN2

DuckN2 Refuge Member

Yes Kurt I will be there with Buddy, and I hope we can get into some ducks, he needs the work. This will be the 1st opener for the rig I got late last year.

2. socalducks

socalducks Senior Refuge Member

my goals are pretty simple. hunt as many days as possible and kill as many ducks as possible. probably wont be able to hunt as many days as seasons past with our third child being born in early november. early november is normally a slow time anyway so now that i think of it i will hunt just as much this season as years past. one of my goals is definately to expand my horizons and quit shooting the same places all the time. cant wait

3. Birdup

Birdup Moderator Moderator

Third
    :eek:

Is it a girl?

I expanded my horizons and it turned up some nice honey holes that I don't have to drive hours to get there. :tu

Give me a call if you want to go do some scouting.

4. socalducks

thank God the third is a boy. i'm thinking about getting him in the boat chasing ducks by Christmas if he's born by early november. honey holes that dont require driving is good by me. opening weekend should be fun. i'm probably hunting with my father in law oct. 13 then with you guys for the az opener. can't wait.

5. azfunn

azfunn Senior Refuge Member

Why are you waiting until Christmas Matt? I suppose your wife won't let you take him out any earlier for rear that the load noises might freighten him.:l

6. rembo

rembo Senior Refuge Member

somewhere on the Colorado between Bullhead & Yuma
    Matt, we'll be at CRIT on the 11th, will spend the 12th scouting & rigging dekes. Do you & your FIL hunt from the bank or from a boat? I know last year the birds were thick from the 's' up to AHA Q from Nov to Feb...they just wouldn't move, no matter how much they were harrassed. The coots were in there by the 1000's also, the ducks were kinda of hiding out in the big rafts of coots rather than sticking together. I'll send you a PM with my cell...call me Friday the 12th in the pm & I'll let you know what we saw down in your area from our scouting. rob

7. socalducks

Rob,

i pm'd you back with my info. i am going to do my best to get there on the 11th as well. in the past we have hunted from shore but i have blind for my boat if we need it. his place is smack in the middle between ahaquin and the s's. have you ever seen birds up river from waterwheel? let me know what you find and i will do the same. take care

8. Maddog

Maddog Refuge Member

I Just wanna hunt the first few minutes of legal shooting without fishing anyone out of the water!
    I would also like to hit one duck for every 3 shots fired....but that may be too much to ask! :l :l
    I woud also like to see a few more Refuge Gang group hunts this year!
    Kurt & Kevin..... scout some great places for me and humvee..... we are gonna be busy killing elk next week!!! :grvn

9. rembo

rembo Senior Refuge Member

somewhere on the Colorado between Bullhead & Yuma
    matt, you need to cleanout your pm box...

10. 12ga

12ga Banned

When does the season start? the 13th or the 19th??