Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

ISO Blind Lease

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Hunts443, May 15, 2017.

1. Hunts443

Hunts443 New Member

Looking for a blind for the 17-18 season for my father and I. Last seasons blind was not what we had thought.Water or land access, prefer duck and goose.

2. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

As said by everyone on here who has ever leased a blind...

Beware as there are some real junkers out there.

3. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Yeah, ripping a guy off and stealing his money by leasing or selling him chet gives these guys more satisfaction than if they had made an honorable business transaction.

4. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

In an effort to prevent someone else from being "ripped off", do you care to reveal the details on this lease you were not satisfied with?

5. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Not sure if your reply is to all or just TF, but I will give an example.

There is a piece of marsh and booby blind that was offered this year for $7,000 in Dorchester. I'm familiar enough with the area to know that that price is astronomical for the number of birds in that immediate area.

There is a blind on the Wye that is offered every year.

There are good and bad ones out there, the bads seem to be advertised annually. I don't really care what other people do with their money, but once a middleman or farmer gets X for a farm they assume that it is worth X+ from there on, even if it goes unrented.

6. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

How about leasing a goose field where freakin rabbit hunters show up and run the the fields all around the blinds cause the land was leased to both parties without the knowledge of each other. When the leaser was contacted he thought it was funny. S bag.

7. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

Leased a good waterfowl in Warton years ago and had several run ins with the local indigenous folks who lived near by. there were rabbit hunters and felt they could let their dogs loose and hunt where ever they pleased. You would've thought they would've drove down the road to see if there was a goose rig out before letting the dogs loose and start hunting on land they didn't own. You could hear them bellowing in the woods periodically as the deer, foxes and rabbits started to run out into the fields and it was only a matter of time before the dogs came running across the field in through the decoys with the hunters trailing.

Several of the deer shot on this farm were loaded with bird shot under their hide when skinned. Wonder where the shot came from?

Initially the guys were given some slack claiming they had no control over the dogs but after this happened several times someone threatened to choot the dogs if they returned. Not me but one of the guys who was known to have a hot head. Never seen the guys or their dogs again. I am glad they didn't return as I wouldn't of wanted to see if the dogs would get shot as I don't feel the issue was with the dogs but the owners.

8. drahthaarducker

drahthaarducker Elite Refuge Member

Great 1st post:tu
    Try David Price or Kenny Schrader they should be able to hook you up :tu:tu

9. slacktide

slacktide Elite Refuge Member

at work or behind the wheel driving to work...
    Honestly, not a bad idea Chris... we should all ban together to flush out the bad leases out there.
    There is no dishonesty in the truth: the good leases, as we all know, are never spoken of, and therefore are not up for discussion.

10. Bwana1

Bwana1 Elite Refuge Member

Any place that is not leased by now, probably
    isn't worth it....