It appears Rand Paul is the one person really concerned with spending our money!

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Lip Shooter, Feb 8, 2018.

1. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

My gut tells me if Rand and his merry band of naysayers got on board with the defense budget increases desired by the rest of the R's that the pot would not have to have been sweetened with a nearly equal amount of domestic spending in order to get Dem votes.

In other words - you can probably lay around half of this budget increase at the feet of the Paulites.

Just a theory though.

2. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

It was more that just what Halliburton made on that war. Lockheed Martin... Boeing... Raytheon... General Dynamics... Northrop Grumman...

And as for Congress - Democrat Robert KKK Byrd was in charge of the Senate after Jeffords went Independent...

OneShotBandit likes this.
  3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Sadly, you seem excited that we are spending like drunken sailors. My grandchildren that are yet to be born thank you. So do theirs.

4. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

No I am not, I am and have always been against waste spending. My point in all this was it is just self gratification grandstanding by Coattail Randi that wasn't going to affect anything. He hasn't put together any base of support, and comments like his Afghanistan and troops are made really undercuts any credibility he may have or his ability to get like minded people behind him.

Budget passed by a 70 to 28 margin last night. His last minute attempt to derail it vs being involved with the shaping of it in the first place demonstrates this.

Lots of mouth with nothing coming out is what it amounts to. He only emerges when stuff is announced, why isn't he involved while it is being crafted. He submarined the repeal of Obamacare, and for reasons only he seems to grasp. His rhetoric opened the door for McCain to walk back on it as well. But he bloviates a couple lines and suddenly people think he is a fiscal hawk. His behavior and antics actually have been a determent to a lot of things that allowed Obama to do what he did as well as the Dems. Cruz is similar but not to the same level.

There is no wonder that he came in dead last in Iowa in the last REP primary season and why he closed up his campaign. He doesn't have the persona or the projection of belief of his words to people. His father was farther out their than he is, but he was deep into the mix on things on the field playing, where Rand is on the sidelines riding the pine.
    People don't pay attention to a sub that never gets in the game when they complain!!

So in short, Rand noise is just that and people are foolish to think it matters. They give him praise for things he has demonstrated he has no impact or input on shaping. He times his outbursts to garner air time and attention hoping to increase his name recognition. Self serving which is fine, but he is fooling nobody. KY will elect him again and I am fine with that, but he is not a torch bearer or leader he is a bench warmer wanting the glory he wont get and is still riding the coat tails of his father!!!

hobbydog likes this.
  5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

If (D)s and (R)s are all on board for spending more money, and you weren't, would you be on board with "helping" write a budget blowing through money like coke at a Columbian cat house? I'd tell them both to pound sand too...

6. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

When everyone in the room is drinking and acting like fools nobody wants to hear from the voice of restraint. Just because they kick him out of the room doesn't make him wrong or them not drunken fools.

7. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

It sounds like you are describing Trump.

• Lots of mouth with nothing coming out is what it amounts to. He only emerges when stuff is announced, why isn't he involved while it is being crafted.
    • His rhetoric opened the door for McCain to walk back on it as well. But he bloviates a couple lines and suddenly people think he is a fiscal hawk.
    • His behavior and antics actually have been a determent to a lot of things
    • He doesn't have the persona or the projection of belief of his words to people.
    • People don't pay attention to a sub that never gets in the game when they complain!!
    • They give him praise for things he has demonstrated he has no impact or input on shaping.
    • He times his outbursts to garner air time and attention hoping to increase his name recognition. Self serving which is fine, but he is fooling nobody.
    • he is not a torch bearer or leader he is a bench warmer wanting the glory he wont get and is still riding the coat tails of his father!!!