It appears the Senate just passed a two year budget for the USA.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

Is the TEA party officially dead with the passing of this spending bill?

2. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

There is no way for the spending wheel in DC to be controlled, voters don't have the stomach to prioritize the dollars that come in. That said this budget is worth looking at from the position of what it does. The short term fixes have had a tough impact on recruiting in the military and yes I am aware of the waste in that dept. It also sets forward a avenue for Trump to push and get his promise of infrastructure plans moving forward with the removal of spending caps. Not that I am in favor of it, but again good maneuvering by Trump. Plus he drew a line on immigration that the Dems knew was a three legged horse in a race.

The Dems got things they wanted as well but not the big splash crowing stuff for the fall.

The losers in this is the US people and Duck has made this point correctly that debt does matter and down the road not all that long debt is going to cause a lot of people to suffer and the blame goes to both parties. REDUCED SOCIAL SECURITY CHECKS, reduced MEDICAD even reduced salaries for workers and pensions back by the Gov.

The economic upheaval will be hard and may even cause the nation to implode.

Nothing we can do about it as long as the voters until that time keep demanding the Gov handouts.

I have encouraged my kids to think and plan ahead for these times just as I do. I would suggest others do the same. Dollars printed by the Treasury may be good only for toilet paper. Bartering will be big!

3. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

Haha. Nothing we can do about it? Republicans control all three branches with a large majority in the house. You are the swamp, Ron. Embrace it.

Ducker 4 Ever and hobbydog like this.
  4. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

Talking like a real swamper. :tu

The_Duck_Master likes this.
  5. hobbydog

Trump tweeted Friday morning that he had signed the bill, writing that the U.S. military "will now be stronger than ever before." The budget bill "also means JOBS, JOBS, JOBS!" Trump tweeted.

The military may be stronger but the country will be weaker than ever. Massive tax cuts along with massive spending increases added to massive debt will not be good for the long term interest of the country. He said he wanted a shutdown but in the end he chickened out. Trump will own this one.

The_Duck_Master likes this.
  6. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

Any wonder how this would have gone over if they hadn't just passed a huge tax cut? Ironically, doing both is worse than doing either or neither. People are so gullible.

Ducker 4 Ever likes this.
  7. hobbydog

I doesn't look like there is any money in there for a wall.

I found this interesting. Looks like there are a few gimmicks in their to make it look better.

The U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve would be sold down. In an effort to cover at least a bit of the price tag, the bill calls for selling 15 percent of the petroleum reserve. But interestingly, the selling would not start until 2022. Budget hawks who are concerned about the level of U.S. debt call “pay fors” such as this “gimmicks” that are one-time revenue increases. Congress was trying to get away from those, but this bill appears to abandon that commitment.

8. Ron Gilmore

Duck I will put this in terms even your clouded eyes and mind can grasp. Do you remember the Gang of 8 and the uproar around the country that went on. Letters and phone calls and emails blew up DC over this! You need that kind of passion and outrage for DC to not spend money regardless of who holds the chambers!

Now lets move to the last major shutdown, we had the same outrage, but this time it was we want to go to the parks and we want the GOV services etc.... not hold your ground and be fiscally sound!!!!

That Duck is what I have been saying from the get go, I do not like the spending and I fully grasp the down the road ramifications of it. You do as well, but until the voters in mass do, nothing changes and you wont get enough people elected to make that happen currently.

So as I stated before to you I am a realist on this issue more than anything.

I give you one more on why Rand is a coattail blow hard. I worked hard at getting a couple people elected to the school board when we lived in WI! Door knocked, helped with fund raising, went to events and attended and spoke at the school board meetings. Reason being was population growth and shift in the growth of the city meant we needed a new schools built. Students where being bussed to open class rooms at a huge cost as well as the reality that the district was going to be sued and lose if the situation was not addressed.

The incumbent members where looking to build a show piece and placement of the school was the least desirable location based on the studies done. All of this was known to the public and had it not been addressed and exposed prior to the vote the board would have done what they wanted regardless of impassioned speech the day of the vote!

Instead because two candidates ran on this, kept it front and center after the election and made the case over and over and over the people of the neighborhoods showed up in force with emails, letters and attendance at the meetings. We would see maybe 30-40 people in a district of 350,000 population at a school board meeting. They had to move the meetings to gyms to hold the people showing up. The board noticed and listened. Schools where built where they needed to be, and under budget because they put durable floors and wall coverings in and not on pomp and priss feel good crap!!!!

Nobody in Congress is being challenged over the debt and spending other than we want more!!!

So until that time comes where debt becomes overwhelming or the mood changes requiring fiscal responsibility you can complain and ridicule others who don't approve of the spending but understand that at this point in time it is like peeing in the ocean to raise the water level!!!

Rand standing on the floor of the SEN and not pushing to be on the budget committee waiting until the end to whine is self serving and nothing more.
    If this was so important to him, why not be beating the drum since the very last shutdown making the people of the US aware of the down the road problem, reminding seniors and next generation of Social Security recipients that this budget will end up costing them money and reduced benefits in the future. NO he instead wants troops withdrawn to give military personnel a pay raise!!! See how incompetent that is!!!!! See why he is a non factor?????

There are a lot of people who get this people who would respond and get the attention of the Congress. But Rand is beating his drum to his beat for his benefit.

Hobby recognizing the swamp and dealing with it as a factor is not being part of it. You don't and never will get that, your to much ingrained of cradle to grave Gov. I have advocated for a lot of the Gov agencies and programs to be cut or drastically reduced, I send the emails talk with my sitting elected officials face to face. But that support from others around the country is not there and as a result nothing gets done or the programs and agencies continue to expand.

I don't like it but I deal with it and protect myself in the best way I can!

9. hobbydog

But this is exactly why people elected Trump....you included. To stop this nonsense. He said he wanted a shutdown but I guess like everything else he says he has nothing to back up hius big talk.

10. Ron Gilmore

I wanted Trump because I felt he was the only one that would beat Hillary because he was able to tap into the frustration of the country. He still is doing this, but you don't get it because it is a direct challenge to your liberal views and wants.