It's not the dog......

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by KwickLabs, Nov 18, 2017.

1. KwickLabs

KwickLabs Elite Refuge Member

Many years ago, a young dog trainer moved to northern Illinois (close to me). We became good friends
    and I trained with him once in awhile. A couple of years later, I called him and discussed an "issue"
    with my dog Taffey. The end result was , "Bring her over and we'll take a look."

I did and he said "Work her a bit and I will watch". After a time, I asked "What do you think?" He quietly
    paused and asked "What do you want to know?" I told him I was looking for advice. He did not answer,
    but did continue to watch as we worked some more. This went on for several minutes and he asked
    the same question a few more times.

My reaction was, "You know I did come over to get some kind of input." He asked, "Are you sure about that?"
    Well, I was getting a bit irritated and said "I would not have come over here if I did not want to know." He
    paused, looked at me and said "It is not the dog." :reader

I laughed at that, paused and then asked, "Why did you wait so long to tell me something I already knew?"
    He said, "Most of my clients......that ask that question......don't want that answer." :h

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  2. Rob DeHaven

Rob DeHaven Elite Refuge Member

So true. Been there.

3. chessieandducks

chessieandducks Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like Brian:dv

4. Dorkweed

Dorkweed Elite Refuge Member

Yup; that's my guess also!!!