Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

I've made a few duck calls in my day...

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by fowl language, Jul 27, 2017.

1. fowl language

fowl language Senior Refuge Member

Still do, but mainly for fun. I reached out recently to my old Illinois friend, Mr Perry @ Winglock, just to stay in touch and say HI.

Well, his peacock feather must have been up and he sends me several calls he has been working on and making. All are on his web page to see. I must say, Rick, these have to be the finest calls you have ever produced and you have always made good calls.

The calls were all acrylic, beautiful polish and the tolerance was spot on. Rick sent several double reed calls, perfect for timber calling or light wind days. But the call that really stood out was his OCD(Obnoxious Calling Disorder) straight barrel cutdown. This call flat out sounds great. It's not a screamer. The volume is in the medium range, but the call is down right duck and the feed you can get out of the call is killer.

Boys, I know Illinois is stealing all your pay, but set aside a few bucks and pick up one of these calls. You'll be amazed and very happy.

Rick, I'll give you a call soon and thanks for adding to my collection.

Steve

Jon C and goosehunter64 like this.
  2. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

Many years ago 20 plus I bought a Duck call from Mr. Perry, at IWA symposium in Peoria, it's still the only call on my lanyard, when I questioned him about it a couple years later, I do believe he told my it was one of yours that he just tuned to his liking. image.jpg

If so, let me thank you personally, it has been, and still is a great cal, and based on today's prices save me hundreds if not thousands.

Jon C and goosehunter64 like this.
  3. dukkalr

dukkalr Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Steve-O,,, thank you for the props, coming from a master call maker like yourself is high praise indeed,,, glad ya like the calls, especially the OCD,,, people either love that call or hate it to hell and back,,:l:l,,,give me a call sometime and we catch up for sure:tu:tu:tu:tu

Jon C likes this.