I've read the hype what about reliability

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by XGENDUCKMAN, May 2, 2006.

1. XGENDUCKMAN

XGENDUCKMAN Senior Refuge Member

I've read all the info on the 45 HS and it sounds like A Beast of a motor. My ? is MB only warantys the motor for 6mo., has anyone had any negative experience with this mod. motor. I'm a guy that if I don't get a extended warranty I'm most likely gonna have a problem, but with a long warranty never a problem .....My luck......I have no problem spending money for quality products and I know MB makes great stuff but what are your (45 owners) gripes.....Briggs warranty 2yrs, mod. briggs MB 45 6 mo.... should I worry......

Thanks, I finally narrowed down my choice, just need to finalize..........

2. sandman7655

sandman7655 Elite Refuge Member

i think a six month warranty is pretty good for a modded motor most come with none.it is not for everyone but i am getting one and if i dont blow it up in 6 months it should be fine.heck most 4 wheelers come with 6 motnhs and they run for a long time.
    just my opinion let the bashing begin:tu

3. T-mac

T-mac Elite Refuge Member

Only time can tell w/ the 45's....they haven't been on the market long enough to know what will/won't happen
    but IMO they are well built and well under the limits the block can withstand

4. tanner-bull-sprig

tanner-bull-sprig Banned

Like I said before, its not that I think the internal parts are cheap or won't hold up, its more of a question about how a motor with such tight tolerances will run when the conditions are down right naughty.

I tell you what ALMO, next year you bring that built motor to the windy, rainy, cold, moist conditions in Kansas and we'll she how well she runs. If she holds up to those conditions and runs without a hitch, then I'll mod my PD too? Hows that sound:tu

TBS

5. Duckman Dan

Duckman Dan Elite Refuge Member

this goes for any mm rig, if there is a problem it is going to come out on this board soon after it happens

6. MAKAIRA

MAKAIRA Elite Refuge Member

With the guy thats building them being into race motors I wouldn't imagine him having the reputation he has if they were blowing up.Ah heck even Clayton didn't hurt one yet:nutz and god knows he tried:dv If we can still hunt ducks next year at least a level one kit will be coming to Ca this year:grvn The after market parts are probably better quality than stock.

7. grmaphia

grmaphia Senior Refuge Member

I just picked up a level 1 kit and she is a bad mother.The throttle response is awesome and I'm getting 30 mph in a 600 lb hull:grvn :grvn

8. Duckman Dan

Duckman Dan Elite Refuge Member

Libs stopping hunting out there?

9. MAKAIRA

MAKAIRA Elite Refuge Member

Avain Flu is the excuse the libs will use :fp no doubt.

10. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

You lay on the ducks, and I'll haul the 45 out there fo sho.:D