I've read the hype what about reliability

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by XGENDUCKMAN, May 2, 2006.

1. Auto

Auto Banned

Wow if something was stolen I would have proceeded with legal action, don't ya think? :rolleyes: Ford probably should have sued ol Walt Chrysler for copying mass production.:rolleyes: Still love to come over here once a weak for the rant against Big MM Mfg evils when i get tired of the main board Big Oil bitching. Truly amusing.:tu

2. sandman7655

sandman7655 Elite Refuge Member

mines better than all yalls:dv :dv

3. markethunter

markethunter Elite Refuge Member

I just wanted to quote this so I didn't feel left out.:D

I'm waiting on Modux to start making slanerous comments about. You saying anything about having a better product.....you meanie manufacturer. How dare you!!!!! every time you post Doc, I expect to see your cronie Modux throw some discredit your direction......:l

How do you feel about round vs. tapered or square chines...... let's get it all out in the open...:yes

4. Ring King

Ring King Elite Refuge Member

Your's ain't better than nobody's right now!!!:fp STILL WAITING...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:l

5. Sand Man

Sand Man Elite Refuge Member

:fp :fp According to your economic models and Glenn's proclamation of building the world's greatest mud motor, he's going to put everyone out of business. Now that's funny! :dv :l :l

6. Auto

Auto Banned

Please quote said economic model:tu

7. Rick-Mi

Rick-Mi Senior Refuge Member

Of all the competitive Ford vs Chevy, Suzuki vs Yamaha, Skidoo vs Arctic Cat, there has never been one like this that I have seen. It's not about one being better that the other, it's about just plain being an obnoxious company. Something doesn't seem right when you steal a competitors idea, rush to the market with a quickie version and then constantly slam and degrade those you are trying to compete with. It just doesn't make any sense at all. Fortunately, most of the individual dealers of a certain company understand this and things overall are greatly improved. Anybody remember the days when guys who hadn't even seen one of the new motors were giving expert opinions and bashing the compeitition? Whoa....glad those times are over.

Of course every company and product has their virtues and consumers choose for a variety of reasons including loyalty to a dealer with proven customer service. Nobody is going to spend their hard earned cash on a motor they think is second rate. They all have strong points. Whatever unit someone selects, more power to 'em, enjoy the heck out of it!

The way I see it the Gaitor-Tail does a fine job in the speed department and the new push button reverse has a LOT of merit for those like me who are less concerned with backing out of trouble and much more focused on controlling a rig around landing areas, decoys and tending layout boats. Arkie as a consumer has done a fine job of reporting the capabilities of these motors (without bashing anyone).

Obviously, Prodrive has a feature that sets it apart from anything else. If a person spends most of their time agressively operating in the really nasty stuff, I don't see how full power reverse can be beat. Stump has done an excellent job of representing the capabilities of that motor and is the king of the swamp as far as I'm concerned. If not, I sure don't see anybody lining up to toss him off the top of the hill. IMO Prodrive owns the super aggressive, "see how far you can take it" and have a hope of getting out segment of the market.

Go Devil while coming into the market later than the rest, seems to have come up with a product that can stand up to their reputation. Everyone who owns one seems to report some pretty darn good performance. That's great, most people highly respect the pioneer and company that made this industry into what it is. Warren certainly has earned respect when it comes to mud motors I hope he continues to sell a ton of short and long tails.

Then there is the other company. With considerable resources and a HUGE dealer network one would think they would concentrate on that loyal customer base along with other sound marketing and refrain from trying to make enemies out of everyone under the sun! There are obviously many sportsmen who have bought MB short tails because they know and trust a local dealer they have delt with before. What could be wrong with that? Also, the muffler was a great idea and working toward proven, reliable mods also has some serious merit. Nobody who wants to take advantage of the greatest amount of horsepower in a proven setup needs to be told everyone else's motor is sh**. Come on.....

8. Perch_44

Perch_44 Elite Refuge Member

My Dad can beatup your dad!! :z

9. olbaidhh

olbaidhh Elite Refuge Member

my mom can beat up your dad because she has a mustache

10. cutt-down

cutt-down Banned

Rick-MI

Great posts. :tu