Iverson Duck Calls

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Duck Felon, Jul 19, 2010.

1. choc24/7

choc24/7 Elite Refuge Member

do they take alot of air to run???

2. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

It depends on which call it is. The little timbers are easy to run and are way ducky. When I used to work at a hunting store in college you couldn't give away an Olt call if there were Iverson's in the case. The older, and I mean like 60's & 70's took quite a bit of air to run. But the models Emery was making did not take that much air. They still have one of the best chuckles of any call. And they do sound like a duck. But they are sticking SOB's. I was always blowing off the tone board. And tuning them was a true work of art IMO. They will always be my most favorite call since it is the call my Gramps taught me to use when I first started. I am always on the hunt for them so if someone has any to sell let me know. Collection continues to grow.

3. coldweatherfan

coldweatherfan Elite Refuge Member

The WCs take next to NO air at all!
    The "bent reed" call takes a bit more.
    The older calls take even a little more air....
    I don't know anything about the acrylics but if they are anything like the other newer (late 70's and up) Iversons, they are a hunting machine.
    I have never had any sticking problem with any of my WCs....now freezing is another story but that is because of some of the temps we are blessed with.

4. Wood-Dro

The World Champions calls did not stick as they had an Arkansas style tone board. But the straight tone board bent reed calls were a little rough in regards to sticking. Any moisture and you would have to blow out the under side of the reed.

5. coldweatherfan

coldweatherfan Elite Refuge Member

Wood-Dro,
    I have found that most of my best calling occurs when I present air from "the other end" of the call......even with the bent reed you can't tell if she is locked up or not! :D

6. Wood-Dro

You probably aren't the first person wherein that would be the most applicable method of operation....:nutz

7. Duck Felon

Duck Felon Elite Refuge Member

I looked all over there site and couldn't find a contact number, anyone have it I'd like to try to get in ouch with them, I have a old business card that has Jason mitchell on it, and a number but doesn't work now, says dallas tx. Is Emery the father, Thanks for the help.

8. WNGCHASIN

WNGCHASIN Senior Refuge Member

This is prob the reason I always loose on the "E" site :mad: :mad: :mad:

would love to see a few of your collection Dro, I too have a love for those calls, just havent been able to break bread on them as of yet!

9. Meats

Meats Elite Refuge Member

I would email "THEM" and ask for the phone number.................but thats just me:nutz

10. Wood-Dro

I have Emery's cell number if you want it. Send me a PM.