googletag.cmd.push(function() {googletag.defineSlot('/22715214/refuge_ros_atf_728x90', [728, 90], 'div-gpt-ad-1434482053797-0').addService(googletag.pubads()); googletag.pubads().enableSingleRequest(); googletag.enableServices(); });

North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Sponsors

J M Futch

Discussion in 'North / South Carolina Flyway Forum' started by cbrtrvr, Nov 12, 2017.

1. cbrtrvr

cbrtrvr Senior Refuge Member

question for a friend. He is wondering if there is any duck sightings there? He has a draw for Tuesday but work has him busy and was wondering if it was worth forgoing sleep to come down. He knows that it's hunting so it can be ducks one day and no ducks the next.

2. JD1107

JD1107 Senior Refuge Member

If it were me I’d be going, but that’s because it’s hard enough as it is to draw a permit so why waste it..

3. Albino Woodie

Albino Woodie Senior Refuge Member

Why put in for a permit hunt that is so far away you can't take the time to scout it, get a buddy to ask on the internet for scouting reports to see if it's worth getting up to go hunt or waste the permit and sleep in?

Hate to be so blunt, but there are guys who put in for permit hunts that will put in the time scouting and will go hunt it that did not get drawn for a permit this year.

4. bufflehead1

bufflehead1 Senior Refuge Member

5. IrvingForbes

IrvingForbes Senior Refuge Member

Not sure if any fowl was killed but I passed by Saturday and lots of trucks in parking lots.

6. cbrtrvr

cbrtrvr Senior Refuge Member

He was asked to go with someone who is going already. He was asking to see it was worth the drive to join his friends on the hunt.

7. IrvingForbes

IrvingForbes Senior Refuge Member

cbrtrvr, ask your friend to join the fuge. Save yourself for asking for him. He might learn something from being a member.

8. JD1107

JD1107 Senior Refuge Member

Well then from the way it sounds he doesn’t have a permit and can’t hunt anyway so yeah tell him to stay home. At futch he would have had to applied back in whenever and made a party with his friend. His friend can’t be drawn and then invite his three amigos.

9. bufflehead1

bufflehead1 Senior Refuge Member

Tell your friend it's not like the refuge hunts, you can't invite someone that didn't apply.

10. Clark

Clark Elite Refuge Member

Hunted Futch today. 4 hour drive last night, crashed in cheapest motel I knew. Up at 3 to drive the rest of the way. Prettiest sky I've seen in a while, no light pollution like home, stars everywhere, Milky Way, Pleiades meteors sparkling. Hauled 4 doz decoys the 2 miles to the pond. Blind was nice, NCWRC did a good job if you are going to get stuck in a blind. Sun came up. My son brought coffee, so we had a luxury in the blind. Quit about 10 and I think we were about the last people to get to the parking lot to leave. No shots fired or even anything close to the pond we were in, except there were several swan milling around (no permit this year). Drove to Beaufort to replace the prop I spun last week, seems to be working, so we took the kids for a ride. Drove 4 hours home. Typical duck hunt.